President Obama Issues Statement about the d***h of Whitney Houston

The entire nation has mourned the d***h of Whitney Houston.  Surprisingly, even President Obama jumped into the fold, with his press secretary issuing a statement about the singer’s passing.

“I know that his thoughts and prayers are with her family, especially her daughter,” White House press secretary Jay Carney said, referring to 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina Brown. “It’s a tragedy to lose somebody so talented at such a young age.”

Carney also said that President Obama admires Houston’s talent.

“I think it would be hard not to be an admirer of her immense talent,” Carney added.

Carney said that he is not sure if Houston and President Obama have ever met. Houston was found d**d in a bathtub right before the Grammys.  The d***h is believed to possibly be drug-related, but autopsy results are still pending.

16 Responses to President Obama Issues Statement about the d***h of Whitney Houston

1. http://www.buildbragg.com Reply

April 20, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.

2. Cheap Lebron 11 Reply

April 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

do not know it’s good or damaging to me to konw this post.

3. Adaline Kalil Reply

March 19, 2014 at 6:29 am

If that was his residence he took it very properly. I might happen to be like: FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! My wife will almost certainly destroy me!!!!!!! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

4. Ed Darrell Reply

June 20, 2013 at 3:22 am

Downdraft, Obama made no statement on Houston’s passing. Two reporters asked questions about Houston in press gatherings.

You should call your local broadcasters and ask them why their reporters didn’t ask Obama about the passings of those men.

Thousands of people who probably deserve recognition from the President die, without any mention. It’s quite rare that any White House issues a statement. If you check the White House website, WhiteHouse.gov, you’ll see that there are only a few statements on deaths, and then usually for high government officials or others who achieved greatness for the U.S. — like Astronaut Neil Armstrong.

No formal statement on Whitney Houston.

5. c Reply

May 4, 2013 at 4:08 am

All of you need to reread the article, Obama did not directly say or acknoledge this, it was Jay Carney who said he “knows that his thoughts and prayers….”
    Obama did not direclty state this, and we have no idea what his actual thought and prayers are.

6. Pingback: The Chris Kyle and Whitney Houston Flag Comparison | wafflesatnoon.com

7. downdraft Reply

February 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm

OK…I was a Whitney fan because of her singing skills…but I do not immortalize her as a “great person”…a great singer yes.

But on that day…maybe just before and again close after the following tragedy occured in our lives….

WITHOUT A WORD FROM OUR PPRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF:

Justin Allen 23
    Brett Linley 29
    Matthew Weikert 29
    Justus Bartett 27
    Dave Santos 21
    Jesse Reed 26
    Matthew Johnson 21
    Zachary Fisher 24
    Brandon King 23
    Christopher Goeke 23
    And Sheldon Tate 27…
    ALL…. Marines young and healthy, determined, brave, Patriotic young AMERICANS who gave their lives last month for us.

There is no announcement by the Press Secretary to inform America like Obama had announced for Whitney…nor from the

Media for them; not even a mention of their names.

These were young men who most likely came from rural America seeking a chance…

A chance to better themselves and to serve this country….

I’M WAITING MR. PRESIDENT…but then again, why should you take time to note their sacrifice to us all…they can no longer vote, they are no longer icons,and frankly Mr. President,

>>>you just don’t give a d**n, do you?

Well…WE DO…and our GOD BLESSES THEM ALL…HE also blesses Whitney

8. Line of GUADELOUPE Reply

February 20, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Our President it’s a real person with its sensibility. He has taken some minutes for our marvelous Sis. Thanks my President. From my island in the Caribbean I send all my love, my strength, all my gratitude for Bobbi Kristina, Madam Cissy HOUSTON, and all the Whitney’s family. Don’t forget all over the Earth you’ve people who loves you and adore our Diva. Take care of you, Bobbi Kristina ever never don’t late anything control your life Do it for your Mum. I kiss all of you. Put a lamp to Whitney for me. Warmest kisses from french Caribbean Island GUADELOUPE. R.I.P Honey Sis.

9. nativesooner Reply

February 18, 2012 at 4:19 am

Once again, Barack Obama displays how phenomenal he is. He took the time to acknowledge the passing of an icon. I am so proud of him and believe that we should all join in sending our condolences to Bobbi Kristina and Cissy Houston in this most tragic time. I too grieve with the rest of the fans and wish the family God’s mercy.

10. Tudy Hill Reply

February 15, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Thanks President Obama for recognizing a ICON like WHITNEY HOUSTON ! GOD BLESS!!! :)

11. linda M. Ballard Reply

February 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Whitney Houston’s exit from this life is not a CLOSED DOOR. She will OPEN the DOOR for the many lives that are at risk. It will give many the opportunity to reflect and re-evaluate their life. This is an opportunity to see what type of race you will run in life before you meet your DESTINATION. Visit http://nldrecognition.wordpress.com. READ THE DASH BEFORE THE DISTANCE. This is my Tribute to WHITNEY HOUSTON. NLD MOM/cancer survivor

12. tasha Reply

February 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Whitney was not a crack head if you watched the oprah show when she was on she said she smoked premos that weed mixed with coke

13. NOT WORRYINGABOUTWHATTHEMEDIA SAYS Reply

February 15, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Thanks Mr. President 4 humbling yourself 2 pay tribute 2 “OUR SONGSTRESS/AMERICAN BRONZE PRINCESS!”

14. Becca Reply

February 15, 2012 at 1:37 am

Yes, Well noted the President left condolences. She will always be remembered.

15. BETTY AKAMISSNIGGER Reply

February 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm

**** JESUS GOD YAHWEH **** ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ALL PRAISE UNTO ”ALLAH” FOR WHITNEY HOUSTON |||||||||||||ANOTHER CHOIR MEMEBR ||||||||||||||||||QUESTION??:: WHY WAS SHE ON A POOR MANS HIGH ==CRACK COCAINE?||||||||||MY CHURCH NEW GREATER ST. JOHN COMMUNITY M.B.C. 60612

• lisa Reply

February 15, 2012 at 7:10 pm

She wasn’t on crack,as she told Diane Sawyer from ABC news, her drug of choice was weed and cocaine. Rich people tend to shy away from cheap drugs and a*****l. Not that it’s any better do use ANY of it
      but realistically crack would never be a drug that a rich person would use.