10 Ways to Find Out If You Are a Brainwashed Negro

By Kathy Henry

Brainwashed Negro: A Black individual who has internalized every negative stereotype about Blacks and their culture and is seething with self-hatred and low self-esteem. This person usually believes that the only path to success and true happiness is to marry or assimilate into White culture, hoping to escape the sins of being born Black.

One of the biggest problems in the Black community is a lack of unity caused by years of self-hatred. Self-hatred in the Black community is due to centuries of brainwashing by the dominant culture into believing that Blacks and their contributions to mainstream society are worthless and that Blacks themselves are worthless and ugly. Self-hatred has caused some Black folks to demean themselves and other Blacks in many hurtful ways that are not productive to anyone.  Here are 10 ways to find out if you as a Black person who has been brainwashed by the dominant culture:

10.  If you are still running around claiming that your family has “Indian b***d”, particularly, Cherokee. I wonder why the only Native American tribe some Black folks can name is Cherokee as if Iroquois, Mohicans, Seminoles and others do not exist.

9, If you believe that all Black NBA players are married to White women. Actually, 86% of married African American NBA players are married to Black women.

8. If you deny the African within by stating that your descendants are from the Caribbean. How in the h**l did you think all those Black folks ended up on those islands?

7. If you believe that all White people are rich, beautiful, educated  and are endowed with special magical powers.

6. If you tell a dark-skinned Black woman, “You are so pretty to be dark”.

5. If you give an automatic pretty pass to light-skinned women just because they are light-skinned and have long hair.

4. If you refuse to frequent Black-owned businesses because you believe that their services are sub-par as compared to White-owned businesses.

3. If you believe that “Good Hair” consists of hair that is long, flowing and silky; not kinky.

2. If you believe that all educated, wealthy Black men and women are married to people outside their race. As of 2007, only 4.6% of all married Blacks in the United States are married to a White partner or other races.

1. If you make statements such as “Black women have too many problems” or “I cannot find a Black man that is on my level” to justify dating outside your race. There is nothing wrong with interracial dating unless you are using it as a way to escape the deep psychological problems of hatred for one’s race. Perhaps the the problem is not Black people collectively but YOU personally and all YOUR issues and burdens of being Black in America.

Read More At Your Black Bloggers

52 Responses to 10 Ways to Find Out If You Are a Brainwashed Negro

1. Native Dark man Reply

June 23, 2013 at 11:26 pm

10. is horrible wrong…only 40% to 30% of the slave population came here on ships..why do you think most “african-americans” clearly dont look african nor african/european mixed.

• ladydee Reply

January 8, 2014 at 5:29 am

Well I guess I’m a real brainwash ***** cause I sho in the h**l don’t want my children married to African Americans and I’m a proud black woman…

2. Ishmar Muhammad Reply

November 29, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Broken English in Corporate America sets us Back to the Plantation! We must speak the Language when we go Certain Places Black People! If not you will be put on the spot in the Hood or the Boardroom! No Doubt think on it!

3. Ishmar Muhammad Reply

November 29, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Only a BraindeadNegro would try to Hate on other Groups of Blackfolks we are all the Same in the eyes of a Redneckcracker! Haitians the first free Black Republic in the Western Hemisphere! They inspired all the underdogs Black people fighting for freedom! West Indian Blacks Represent always Have let’s call the list: Marcus Garvey,Harry Belafonte,Louis Farrakhan Colin Powell just to name a Few OH WEB Dubois so miss me with the Divide & conquer BS! Stop it my Great Grandmother was Cherokee Her family was Massacred & she was sent to live with a White Family in Mississippi & her name was Changed to Cinderella lol to Whiten Her up!

4. Ishmar Muhammad Reply

November 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Some of Us need a Check-up from the neck up or an Excercism calling Dr Muhammad BraindeadNegro lane 2

5. sjeri Douglas Reply

November 29, 2012 at 7:35 am

This article is so right..black have an a*s backwards way of thinking, and will fall for.anything

6. Cameron Roland Reply

November 28, 2012 at 12:09 pm

This article missed the biggest one. If you beleive that you have to talk “black” to be black. That’s a slave mentality.

7. Dramalady Reply

July 3, 2012 at 12:57 am

So being proud of being of Caribbean heritage makes me a brainwashed negro? FOH! The Caribbean has a way different culture than Black People from the United States from food to music. Furthermore the Caribbean is very mixed and has many people and doesn’t experience racism like US where it was just white and black. The Caribbean has White, Black, Asian(who weren’t brought to the Caribbean by choice, they were lied to and stolen from their lands). Furthermore I know many Black People that don’t say they are from Africa cause they weren’t born there and haven’t had relatives there since slavery. All they know is the US.

8. Zaki Youssef Reply

June 23, 2012 at 2:21 am

The only comment on this thread that makes sense is Angelo Martinez. What a weird constructed identity and a complete lack of knowledge, to believe that being black is one thing. Funny thing is, that 50 percent of black americans would be considered white in sub-saharan Africa. In SA they would be called coloured along with indians and people of mixed origin. I think that believing in the constructed identity of being black is much more internalized racism, than this list. Black, brown, white, whatever, is beautiful and we are all Gods creatures. Off course its sad to see someone hating their own color, but its just as sad to see someone believing they have to act, talk, dress, walk, think a certain way in order to be ‘black’. Its a minority identity issue, more than its a black thing imo.

9. Angelo Martinez Reply

June 22, 2012 at 12:58 am

I really had every intention of agreeing with this list though I was born in the Caribbean. That doesn’t mean I am denying my African ancestry though I am embracing the culture I was born into as well as the culture of those Caribbean ancestors I had. My mother was born in Africa and I embrace her culture as well. Unfortunately you like so many others look at “Black” as an identity and strictly to African-Americans but there are a world more of us in the diaspora and even in Africa having black skin doesn’t make you one people. We have various ethnicities, cultures and more. Please don’t belittle us the same way Europeans did, we aren’t just one people because of skin color.

• blaqnex Reply

June 16, 2013 at 9:33 am

Out of many we are one. Re-read that?

10. Push Nevahda Reply

June 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm

If you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins, have a picture of a blond haired blue eyed jesus in your life, at any level, believe in god, believe in the holy ghost rather than african cultural retentions, believe in a such thing as witchcraft and voodoo (which are actually African spirituality redefined in western context and language)…you are definitely and with out a doubt brainwashed (no matter how you may think you are not)….. because that’s where it all began in the first place. Matta fact, if you have gone to college and graduated STILL perming and straightening your nappy hair…you have paid for and affirmed your brainwashing.

11. JSelah Reply

June 13, 2012 at 11:33 pm

They should have added one more: “There are more black men in jail than college.” NOT true and never has been.

12. d-rhyyme Reply

May 28, 2012 at 5:45 am

pretty good except the indian part. last i checked, indians were darker than many african americans. the majority of blacks that i know deny indian heritage as if they indians are lower then them in the caste system. too many cowboy movies i think.

13. Mary Reply

May 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm

What the H___ is good hair. If you got hair on your head, you better call it good hair, because there are some people that have no hair. I have long flowing locks and they are good and nappy and I get comments everyday about how beautiful my hair is. Get off of it people. Who cares

14. Edna Walker Reply

May 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Right on article! Why do some people feel that their answer to the article is to talk about their Indian heritage. There are many blacks with Indian ancestry, but in the end, who really cares??
    I get so tired of hearing little kids talk about “good hair” or to hear a well known black entertainer admit that he married a certain type of woman so his children would have “good hair.” We continue to do damage to ourselves and our children. All these Koreans make millions off us on “weave and wigs.”

15. Lottie Reply

May 14, 2012 at 10:32 am

I have a girlfriend that is a real sell out – the problem is she will never read an article that appears in “your Black World”. She still calls us “Afro Americans”. Her husband is white and she is so full of self hate that she puts Blacks down around the clock. The sad thing is that she is miserable because as hard as she tries, she still is not accepted by her white counterparts!

16. LT Reply

May 14, 2012 at 5:01 am

Good article. Some will never get it though. From reading these comments, you might want to add those who have the crab syndrome, jealousy and black anglo saxon traits.

17. AmazingGrace Reply

May 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

My bloodline is, African, Cherokee, and Seminole. That’s my lineage, and I am proud of it.

18. E. Jacqueline Irons Reply

May 12, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I know I’m not a brainwashed black woman. I like my blackness. My mother told us (six of us) that her side of the family were called “white Jamaicans.” My father’s side were called Maroons who hid up in the mountains of Jamaica to avoid slavery and oppression. All of us are light skinned blacks who love our heritage. I don’t know why black Americans don’t like Jamaican people. They’ll declare it with vim and vigor, assuming everybody is from the south. “Oh she don’t like West Indians” loud and clear as if its alright not to like other black people. “Oh those coconut heads” I just look at them as they assume that I’m from where they are, and when they find out, that look on their faces cracks me up. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

19. I.I. Reply

May 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm

There are definitely points here. Absolutely, however I encourage you to work on your writing skills. This article is accusatory, biased and immature in its syntax and diction and comes off as “an angry black person shooting off at the mouth” with less knowledge than they claim. Also, work on grammatical errors. To have such a strong title, the article is sloppy. I am young, “black” and offended by this article. It can be so much better. So much. Keep writing, love.

Peace.

20. Babyradford Reply

May 12, 2012 at 1:13 am

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LLLOOVVEEE IIITTT!

21. Stephen Reply

May 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm

So if you did not come up in the ghetto, then you are brainwashed? what is the point of this artical? is it to further divde?

Mukisa, much love on your comments.

22. Ron Bryant Reply

May 10, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Right on target!!!! Awesome piece!!

23. Tha Rain Reply

May 10, 2012 at 12:06 pm

@Debra,it really explains why you said we are quick to k**l each other, as if that is all we do.Self hating jigs that own everything negative said about us,and hardly every say anything good about us, is black on black crime at it’s worst.If these idiots would spend more time telling us about the accomplishments of other successful black people like themselves, it would d***n out the shortcomings of the small percentage of us that have fallen short.

24. Mukisa Reply

May 10, 2012 at 2:42 am

Before everyone continues to freak out about the validity of this article, we have to consider it and NOT take it out of context. Just because *I* do not entertain these ideas, doesn’t mean others do not. I have heard others say these things and act on these things. We are all individuals, but SOME individuals hold an idea or these ideas as truth.

25. Eric Reply

May 10, 2012 at 1:50 am

haven’t heard things like “dominant culture” and “interracial dating = psychological problems” since the last time the history channel was airing a show on n**i germany. pure garbage.

• Eric Wright Reply

May 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm

And your are a bonafide idiot. These are sociological terms, and they are totally relevant to the U.S. As a matter of fact, it’s about white supremacist indoctrination of all of the so-called citizens of the U.S. African Americans have been tainted by this indoctrination just like your low brow, unintelligent, historically inept a**. This indoctrination causes deeply ingrained self-hatred and this manifest itself (quite often) in the selection of mates. If you don’t understand this, I suggest you pick up a history book, and learn about America. After that you will certainly see that the only “garbage” is coming from your unintelligent mouth.

• Mary Reply

May 15, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Go get em, so well put

26. T walker Reply

May 9, 2012 at 6:43 pm

If you’re johnny edwards and consider african hair as having the short end of the stick

27. Cree Seven Reply

May 9, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Johnny Edwards, basically everyone in the world considers light skin to be pretty skin. So, now, what point are you making about hair?