CDC: Nearly Half of All Black Women Have Genital Herpes

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the HIV epidemic is not the only thing that black people have to worry about.  The CDC claims that nearly half (48 percent) of all African American women between the ages of 14 and 49 are infected with genital herpes.

Black women have the highest rate of infection and their rate is nearly twice as high as men.   Overall, 21 percent of all women are infected, compared with 11.5 percent of men.  For the black community, 39 percent of all African Americans are infected, compared with 12 percent for whites.

There is no cure for genital herpes (herpes simplex 2), which can cause recurring sores in the G*******a and increases the likelihood of HIV transmission.  It is also related to oral herpes, or herpes simplex 1.   The CDC also says that a full 80 percent of those who have herpes have no idea that they’ve been infected.

Read Original Article At Naturally Moi

52 Responses to CDC: Nearly Half of All Black Women Have Genital Herpes

1. Pingback: JudicialWatch.org: Genital Herpes Three Times More Common in Blacks; polyDNA Recommends Gene-Eden-VIR Proven to Reduce Symptoms of a Herpes Infection - Frank Lamark, Frank M. Lamark, Frank Michael Lamark | Frank Lamark, Frank M. Lamark, Frank Michael Lama

2. Pingback: JudicialWatch.org: Genital Herpes Three Times More Common in Blacks; polyDNA Recommends Gene-Eden-VIR Proven to Reduce Symptoms of a Herpes Infection | Self Help

3. yonni05@hotmail.com Reply

January 3, 2014 at 2:13 am

I had s*x with a black woman named Shar in milwaukee who works at kohls cotperate. We dated for a month, turned me on one night, figured she was safe. Never called me after. Yup gave me herpes. I’m finna get her a*s

4. tee Reply

December 28, 2013 at 9:31 am

My friends were victims of false diagnoses and thousand of other women. A white doctor diagnosed them of having genital warts and having hpv. So he wanted to do a certain procedure. Well one of them had to go to college and he was not able to do it because she was in another state. But she did follow up with another doctor and he could not understand what the other doctor saw. Later the white doctor was found to be a fraud. He made up hpv and genital warts diagnosis and found himself in a lawsuit and fired. Now who do you think he reported all these cases to. The CDC

5. Lisa Reply

November 11, 2013 at 10:27 am

The only way this can possibly be true is if they go out and test ALL black women for herpes.

6. Me Reply

June 3, 2013 at 11:13 am

I guess all those single parent black families is all a conspiracy too.

7. Pingback: Circumcision | A child can see ...

8. kellygirl Reply

October 30, 2012 at 10:04 pm

To be honest I can beleave that ,People now dayz aren’t even tryin to be safe and they don’t even give a d**n what they bring you,And I must say I’m suprised that less men have it then woman!! I read a couple of stories up this woman said she’s been married for 13-15 yrs honey don’t let the smooth taste fool you , cause these men are out here screwin anything and not stappin up at all,what sence dose it make to put on a rubber then turn around an eat her out anyway??????? I don’t give a d**n what they look like you don’t know them.. Not really!!!! And PS if you don’t give a d**n about them just leave them don’t give them a disease.

9. Nilla Reply

September 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm

DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE PEOPLE. I HAPPEN TO LIVE IN ATLANTA AND I REMEMBER WHEN THEY WERE PLAYING THIS COMMERCIAL ON THE RADIO LAST YEAR. I ALMOST CHOCKED ON WHAT I WAS EATING BECAUSE I HAPPEN TO BE SITTING AROUND A TABLE OF MY CLOESET FRIENDS WHO ARE ALL AFRICAN AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL FEMALES WHO, BY THE WAY, ARE MAJORITY MARRIED BUT ALL OF US ARE DISEASE FREE. I FOUND IT QUITE DISTRUBING THAT THEY KEPT PLAYING THAT INSULTING COMMERCIAL 10 TIMES A DAY SO I CALLED THE CDC ON TO THE CARPET TO EXPLAIN AND GIVE PROOF OF THESE SO CALLED STATISICIS. I CAN TELL YOU THAT THEY GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND, KEPT TRANSFERING ME TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS, AND KEPT ME ON A HOLD FOR OVER AN HOUR. FINALLY THEY GIVE ME A NUMBER TO ANOTHER COMPANY WHO DOES THEIR STATISTICS AND I KNOW RIGHT THEN AND THERE THAT THEY WERE SPREADING A BUNCH OF HALF TRUTHS. AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS FINALLY I GOT DOWN TO THE ROOT OF THE SITUATION AND IT TURNED OUT THAT IT WAS A BLIND STUDY THAT THEY DID IN THIS SMALL RURAL TOWN IN COLORADO AND THATS HOW THEY CAME UP WITH THESE LIES SAYING THAT HALF OF THE POPULATION OF BLACK WOMEN HAVE HERPES. BLACK PEOPLE, LET THIS BE A LESSON, WE HAVE TO STAND UP TO THOSE WHO WANT TO SPREAD LIES AND DEGRADE OUR RACE….ESPECIALLY OUR WOMEN. WE SHOULD ALL HOLD THE CDC ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE INFORMATION THAT THEY PUT OUT AS “TRUTH”.

• Teresa Reply

October 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Concur!

• Barbara Reply

October 29, 2012 at 4:38 pm

@Nilla and Teresa

You are both correct. That so-called study was of 800 females that they said were AT RISK of getting herpes. Not even the 800 females “had” herpes!!

Clearly someone (White)at the CDC and that White woman commenting above want to attack Black women with lies. They have an intentional smear agenda going on; and we are not fooled for one moment as to what’s going on and why.

Sick fearful racists….

10. Donna Bell Reply

September 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

I think it is true and we just need to stop bein in denial and stop playin the race card and blaming everything on racism and face the facts. How many black men dnt wanna use condoms because they say it feels better without? Yes there are SOME that do, but apparently not enough to make a difference. And how many black women fall for it? I bet u that the numbers that do outweigh the numbers that dont, and thats reality, not conspiracy, fact, not fiction