Pastor Who Slept with Church Members, Impregnated One Makes Oprah Scream

Oprah Winfrey had her own talk show for 25 seasons and she has seen it all, but one story that will be appearing on “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” on OWN had the Queen of Talk screaming at her television screen.

Describing the show that had her creaming at her television screen, Winfrey said,

“It’s so eye-opening on so many levels.”

On the episode of “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” that will air on Saturday night, Iyanla travels to Louisiana to help a pastor and his wife who are in crisis. The pastor’s wife is devastated because her husband has confessed to cheating on her with over 20 women during their 10 year marriage. As if that were not bad enough, some of the women that the pastor admits to sleeping with are members of their church. Unfortunately, it gets worse still; the pastor made one of his mistresses pregnant and they now have a child.

Iyanla enters the picture because the pastor’s wife wrote to her asking for her help with deciding if she should stay with her cheating husband or if she should leave him.

The story of the cheating pastor and his wife was so compelling that Oprah made a video and posted it online. Talking  about Iyanla’s ability to help people, Oprah said,

“At the end of every show, you can see there’s a crack, an opening for healing.”

Talking about the episode in which Iyanla works with the pastor and his wife, she said,

“What Iyanla says to the pastor and his wife is worth your time to hear it and to see it. I promise you that.”

“Iyanla: Fix My Life” comes on the OWN network on Saturday nights at 10/9C.

94 Responses to Pastor Who Slept with Church Members, Impregnated One Makes Oprah Scream

1. Arthur Walker

May 12, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I am a married pastor and I’ve been sleeping with a young evangelist at my church. I like being in control. ORC church

2. JoJo

November 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I attended Village of Faith Ministries in Richmond, VA until I found out my pastor, Pastor Michael Jones impregnanted a young woman and was denying the child. He can’t lead me if he is not living right.

3. robert

April 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I think the problem is people dont know Jesus and the power of the cross. Why didnt the wife seek council amd strengh from jesus himself. Jesus would have anointed her with strengh and grace to move on. This is why when I go to church I go for the fellowship not to hear the preacher. Baby christians may need more pastoral support but God can teach amd shepherd his own.

4. chris

December 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm

A fallen Christian pastor seeing council from a non-christian…that should be interesting.

5. minsheryl

November 18, 2012 at 10:57 pm

HE IS A DEVIL AND SO ARE THE TWENTY WOMEN HE SLEPT WITH!!! HIS WIFE BETTER BE GLAD SHE IS FREE FROM THAT SEX MANIAC!! HE WHOM THE SON SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED. THIS ‘PASTOR’ NEEDS A DELIVERANCE,HE IS A PREDATOR IN THE PULPIT!!!

6. Miss T

November 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Everyday another and his penis…smh!

7. s'ann

November 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I am a Christian, but what is there to fix after 20 women?

8. Andre Young

November 13, 2012 at 12:37 am

Most everyone familiar with the Black church recognizes, that Black women are majority in the Black church. So, the charlatans, egomanics obsessive compulsives, and other mental disorders, pedophiles in the personas of ministers(pastors)are sited in the Churches. Women, particularly in the Church, are prey, because in many instances, they are uneducated. In many instances, sophisticated but not wise. My brother became a minister, because, he said he was tired of the fellas he grew up with exploiting Black women, while observing them all. He was talking about power. Women gravitate to men of/with power. Money is power. Being a minister is power. Beauty/goodlooks is power. Of course there is also the illusion of power, too. Black men, as a whole, know its all “game,” so they stay away. They are not as gullible. It’s all about the Caucasians version of Christianity, that African Americans have been taught. Not their own version.

9. Leathalee

November 12, 2012 at 10:32 pm

WOW, this is very sickening, you usually go to the pastor for guiduance and prayer, but u can c what type of prayer he prays. Now to the female that had the baby, she knew he was married when she laid down with him. She wanted to get pregnant, what a disgrace. There r a lot of single women out here that would like to have a husband, but wow to stoop that low and lay down with your pastor un protected is a damn disgrace and to all of the other females that laid down with him, I bet you a dime to a dollar they are the ones that calls her house on a regular basis and laugh with her. God is only calling out all of the un holy preachers or pastors ministers or what ever they want to call themselves. How can anyone look up to him as a leader? They are just an ordained individual that uses the church as a whorehouse. God is sitting high and looking low, he is looking and booking. I may have a little something , but it sure ain’t that . I belong to a Church and my pastor is single and nice looking, but there better not be a female that will approach him in an ungodly way. We have saints, members and a church mother that loves him and we keep things in decency and in order. We do not need the scandal. He doesn’t need any female to give him a reputation in a ungodly manner.

10. Larry

November 12, 2012 at 4:58 pm

The most frightening thing about all of these cheating, AIDS spreading, baby making Pastors is the fact that they never lose their jobs. People will let them stand up there and say oops, my bad, and then follow them right to hell. They have got to go!! If I mess up on my job there are consequences, if I commit a crime there are consequences, if your child breaks a window there are consequences. The only job in the world where you can screw half the congregation and still keep pour job—Pastor!!

11. corbin56

November 12, 2012 at 10:16 am

Ilyana needs to “fix her hair”.

I missed the show. I am somewhat intolerant of Ilyana. She is a certified nut.

Eww…You said Oprah creamed at her tv. (Proofread!!)

The “pastor” isn’t even fine. The wife is worried about her status as “first lady”, child please. When will women ever learn?

12. Angie Tyler

November 12, 2012 at 9:49 am

This is so sad and so real, I’m a minister daughter and to watch the womens threw therself at my father sicken me to my stomach,but the worst part was how my father friends whom was ministers approach me in so many ways. Thankfully my Mother had one chick that step out of line,but I settle that. Like I say my parents are ministers Not Me I give u a reason to draw closer to God I’ll slap both Cheeks! My father always call me his ram in the bush. But now I’m in a place in life that its hard to attend church, for I know what goes on. Praying her and me.

13. journalism

November 12, 2012 at 9:45 am

This sadly is so commonplace its almost laughable if it was so pathetic. That poor woman. I’m quite sure on some level she knew what to do but needed an ally.

In the reading of the Bible, there is indeed a Scripture concerning “if a mate is AGREEABLE to dwelling with one’s mate, let them stay. HOWEVER, the 2nd part stipulates “if they not let them depart”…

Apparently husband has NOT (been agreeable) for a very long time.

Women are so conditioned not to believe in their own goodness, that they will question themselves on what they should do. I believe we’ll figure it out at some point but at what cost? The husband has little regard for his wife & I might suggest disdain,but even less for himself.

Factoring in,culturally speaking, it is Louisiana.

Before anyone beats me up, there is a cultural undercurrent here that no matter how badly the man acts,the woman is less then that. People may be mad or get indignant but that undertow has been here for 300 years.

No, not everyone & no not all the time, but that mysognistic attitude is threaded in the culture.

So I can understand somewhat her struggle.

14. blacxkcobra

November 12, 2012 at 7:39 am

Like Muddy Waters said Mannish Boy, but hey he is a human and he’s not the only man cheating today, and from what I see he charm women who r alone and lonely,

15. Shona

November 12, 2012 at 7:14 am

Pastor worship is what creates major problems in churches. Every church I have ever been to as exhibited this problem – hence why i choose to worship on my own. They can interpret the Bible and so can I. The big difference is I don’t interpret the Bible to justify my wrongdoing.

16. al williams

November 11, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I noticed there wasn’t any comments about these CHeating women who knew this man was Married to the first Lady of the Church,they are just as much to blame as he is.

17. Kim

November 11, 2012 at 9:19 pm

SEX OUTSIDE MARRIAGE (FORNICATION) 1 Cor 5:11; 6:18,20; Ex 22:16,17

18. Erica

November 11, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Lack of self control. God will work it out.