Rapper Big Boi Not Happy With President Obama: “I Ain’t On Nobody’s Team”

Rapper Big Boi raised a few eyebrows in an interview with Pitchfork media when he shared his dissatisfaction with President Obama’s performance. Additionally, Big Boi is not in favor of supporting any government official who does the bidding of others at the expense of the people.

The Grammy Award winning rapper was interviewed about his album Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors, but when it came to the subject of politics, Big Boi didn’t hold his tongue.

When asked about the single “Somethin’s Gotta Give”, on which singer Mary J. Blige added lines about cheering for Obama, Big Boi said he didn’t have a problem with it:

BIG BOI: I didn’t tell her to do that.

PITCHFORK: No? She just did it?

BB: On my d**n record. I had a problem with it. I’m not pro-government at all, I’m pro-people.

Big Boi continued, saying,  “our freedoms are getting taken away every day with things that people aren’t aware of.” As evidence, Big Boi cited the National Defense Authorization Act which allows American citizens to be held indefinitely without trial.

“I don’t care who the president is — it ain’t just all about who’s black or who’s white or who’s Republican or Democrat, it’s about who is for the betterment of people, period,” the rapper continued.

When asked if he had any thoughts about Obama’s first term, Big Boi took a negative stance.
“Nope. What did he do? They say he’s trying to clean up a mess, right? Well, he needs a big-a*s broom, and he gotta keep on sweeping. I ain’t on nobody’s team, you feel me? I’m about the American people.”
Most rappers have thrown their support behind President Obama, but for Big Boi, it’s all about adherence to principles, not race or party.

91 Responses to Rapper Big Boi Not Happy With President Obama: “I Ain’t On Nobody’s Team”

1. Mandingo Reply

December 15, 2012 at 7:38 am

Big Boi is totally right.He is a rapper.So what?Being a rapper does not entitle you obama kissassing fools to deny Big Boi his right to speak his mind.Obama is not only continuing but he has expanded the murderous racist imperialist actions of Bush Jnr.in Afrika via Africom,Afghanistan,the Caribbean etc.Yes obamaslaves,support his ‘law’ to imprison even US citizens indefinitely without trial…..any Afrikan head of state who did that would be condemned by you hypocrites.Support obama for murdering anyone in the world who he and his racist European cronies consider to be enemies of the U.S..

2. Butch Reply

December 13, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I haven’t been feeling president Obama since he lied on 03/04/09. He can not get anything going but the automotive industry. SMDH, this economy is steadily declining, the housing market fell off a cliff, and there are no jobs, unless u know someone LOL. Its really sad watching all of this. We better put out trust in GOD, and not man…

3. truthspks Reply

December 13, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I don’t think President Obama is concerned one bit about what this Degenerate Maggot Filth Peddling Animal thinks. If I had my way I’d round him up along all the rest of these Maggot rappers and I’d execute them at sunrise. When are Blacks going to come into the realization that these Filth Peddling Animals are a detrement to our communities & our children. They should all be exterminated.

NOW LET ME TELL YOU HOW I REALLY FEEL

4. Rod Reply

December 13, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Remind me when his new CD will be released so I can make sure I run out and get my copy.

5. Leonard Reply

December 13, 2012 at 5:50 pm

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Let no one deceive you by any means;for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. And: 2 Thessalonians 8-12 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

6. Joey Reply

December 13, 2012 at 4:43 pm

It seems that any person who has an opinion other than those who throw their support behind this President 100%, is treated with such hatred from Obama’s ignorant supporters. Big Boi is speaking truth here.Concerning terrorism and Homeland Security, Obama supports many of the same policies that were supported and implemented by Bush, yet you same Black people called Bush one of the biggest racist of all times, but Obama gets a pass, because he’s half-Black. American Black folks are a confused lot.

7. SONY LEGEND Reply

December 13, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Come on people, its called the New World Order. Obama was the perfect trojan horse the 1% needed to complete their agenda…. And the dumb deaf and blind people ate it all up thinking it is all about race… the elite’s agenda is world depopulation, they do not care about race. The United States is a not a country, it is a corporation. Wake the f**k up, your #SSN is your employee ID. The s**t is real…. http://www.SONYLEGEND.com Unplug from the matrix system now!!!

ONE LOVE

SL

8. black jones Reply

December 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Big Boi has a right to his opinion just as others—-and i think i’ts well put. Why can’t folk watch Basketball wives and WAKE UP to other things? there’s enough room in our brain to do both!!! PEACE! Entertainment releases some stress as long as it’s kept in prospective.

9. Dreadmon Reply

December 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I believe, that Big Boi was speaking his mind as he sees it. NONE OF US HAS THE RIGHT TO CONDEMN HIM FOR HIS OPINION. I agree with some of what he says and disagree with him also. I thought that as American Citizens we have the freedom of speech to say and think whatever it is. I don’t have to agree with anybody out there, but I have to give them the right to express themselves whether I agree or disagree. I don’t agree with the KKK and I actually hate the organization, but in this country they still have the right to free speech.

10. tempo88 Reply

December 13, 2012 at 11:20 am

i wonder why some people felt that when we got a black president automaticly things would change for black people remember there is a lot of us out there that hate ourself ….a lil something my mom use to say “don’t tell me about the bad times because when things were good you weren’t telling me” wake up people

11. tempo88 Reply

December 13, 2012 at 11:20 am

12. tempo88 Reply

December 13, 2012 at 11:20 am

13. Derrick Reply

December 13, 2012 at 9:13 am

The REAL reason O’Drama launched his campaign at Lincoln’s monument is because Lincoln had a Black father, that was from Afrika, and his mother was a caucasoid!!!

As you already are aware; O’Drama’s father was from Afrika, and his mother was a caucasoid…do the math.

As far as our FORCED enslavement is concerned, Lincoln wanted the Blacks to go back to Afrika!!! And, if it were not for Sojourner Truth, the slaves would not have been ‘FREED’. He invited her to the Black House, and Truth DEMANDED that he free her people!!! This Truth can be found in the book The Six Black President [Black b***d/White Masks] by Auset BaKufu

I’ll bet my life this is not shown in the movie by spielberg.

Lincoln wore a hat the majority of the time because he hand KINKY hair, and he had a Black Haitian, who was his barber until he was killed. The caucasoid barbers did not want to c*t it because they knew he had black b***d flowing through his veins. By the way…he was killed because they (government) found out he was a mulatto, just like O’Drama!!!

Like Elle said, we must do our OWN research, and stop beLIEving these LIES, the media (mindless evil devils in action) are showing on their tell-a-LIE-vision networks. OURstory will NEVER be shown when we once ruled the world!!!

We taught the greeks and romans EVERYTHING when they went and were taught from the REAL teachers and professors…the Black Afrikan Kemetians at the FIRST university in the world, which was built in Kemet. The University of Timbuktu, which was the oldest university in the world!!!

This is why those demonic devils did not want us to read during our enslavement because, they were afraid we would find out the Truth about our glorious past! WE WERE NOT BORN INTO SLAVERY!!! And, the Black Afrikan Olmecs were in amerikkka over 100,000 years ago, who OWNED land, and WERE NOT SLAVES!!!

That boy columbo aka columbus, was LOST, and didn’t discover nothing!!!

THESE YANKEES STILL DON’T WANT US TO READ TO THIS DAY! THEY ARE RE-WRITING THEIR HIS-STORY/HIS-LIE BOOKS TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE, THEY DISCOVERED amerikkka, BUT THEY DIDN’T DISCOVER SHYT!!!
    BECAUSE WE WERE ALREADY HERE!!!

• SONY LEGEND Reply

December 13, 2012 at 4:32 pm

New World Order my friend…. If you depend on the government for survival… you’re already good as d**d.

ACT LIKE YOU KNOW

SONY

14. Keith "Tart" Bond Reply

December 13, 2012 at 9:01 am

Big Boi is an ignorant fool!!! Keep your mouth shut!!!

• Michael Reply

December 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

@Keith, Why is Brother ignorant? Just curious…..

15. Keith "Tart" Bond Reply

December 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

Big Boi is an ignorant fool!!! Keep your mouth shut!!!

16. Keith "Tart" Bond Reply

December 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

Big Boi is an ignorant fool!!! Keep your mouth shut!!!

• Michael Reply

December 13, 2012 at 9:59 am

Right on Bro.Derrick

17. Katie Reply

December 12, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Elle I agree with you President Obama is a sellout.We have swallowed the koolaid.President Lincoln is adored too,Illinois is where President Obama launched his campaign.President Lincoln wanted the slaves to return to the owners and or sent out of the states.All my life I was told and taught how great Lincoln was.Read “Forced into Glory” by Lerone Bennett Jr.Black people’s problem is we do not seek the facts in all aspects of this life in the United States and the whole world.We are totally controlled.

18. Elle Reply

December 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Before you condemn Big Boi, try listening to what he is saying. The NDA Act is no joke. The government can basically treat you like a member of the Taliban without probabable cause or trial. They can abduct you at anytime without informing your family if they deem you a threat to national security. Anybody expressing displeasure with Obama can be considered a threat. And if you are saying to yourself, “just because the Act exists doesn’t mean it is being used,” think again. Our freedoms are slowly being taken away while they distract us with Basketball Wives and The Kardashians. Why would Obama publicly repudiate the bill but then quietly sign the bill on New Years Eve when folks are out partying. If you check the C-SPAN archives, you will see it was Obama that wanted the Act to apply to American citizens. This man is not about the people and Big Boi is all over it. And why was the NDA Act not reported on the news. Don’t assume that mainstream news will tell you everything you need to know. All they care about is ratings. They report what the Global Puppeteers tell them to report. Do your own research.