The ages of the teens who allegedly gunned down a flea market worker in Lakeland, Florida span from 13-18. Technically, most are still kids, but authorities say they’re all cold bloodied murderers.

The five teens who’ve been apprehended by police

Authorities say the teens took part in the shooting of a 79 year  flea market worker, all because he refused to sell them a gun.

The teens came to the market to buy a gun, but when the victim refused to sell them a gun, they left, and returned with friends,  opening fire on the elderly man, and smashing his display case.

“Apparently he probably told them to get lost, you’re too young, you don’t have ID,” said flea market worker Ron Goldman. “They didn’t like the answer, so they got some more punk friends and now the guy is fighting for his life in the hospital.”

Local affiliate WTSP.com reports:

Sheriff’s investigators Sunday announced the arrest of five suspects in the case. They’re identified as 18-year-old Bernando Copeland, 17-year-old Khalid Preston, 15-year-old D’ante Morris, 16-year-old Ladarius Johnson, and 16-year-old Dwight Martin.

Two other teens, the youngest in the group, remain at large.  They’re identified by the sheriff’s office as Davion Smith and Kendall Wainwright, just 13 and 14 years old.

“All of the suspects responsible for this senseless act of violence will go to jail,” said Polk Sheriff Grady Judd. “Our detectives are working around the clock. This investigation isn’t over.”

A teen who knew some of the teens involved in the shooting said he never would’ve believed his classmates would do such a thing.

38 Responses to Teens Arrested For Gunning Down 79 Year Old Flea Market Worker Who Refused to Sell Them Guns

1. Sug Reply

December 13, 2012 at 3:16 pm

This is sad. Who is really to blame but the individuals themselves. Always excuses. I Myself was an orphaned child. Parents left Me at 2 years of age. I was in Group homes. Victim of rape at a young age. ETC. Still I made choices to be a better person then what I seen around Me. There is always someone less fortunate than you are. Excuses are lame. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Then okay FAIR is FAIR.

And down right stupity is stupid. For them teenagers to think that they wouldn’t get caught by so bolding puting all on FB what they did.

In My Adult life now. I’m d**n near homeless, lost my job. Was a victim in a domestic vilent inncident and still I don’t think about doing such things. Lord knows I could have s**t a few people.

I have a conscience. So many people don’t. They deserve what is coming at them. They did the crime, now do the time.

2. Sug Reply

December 13, 2012 at 3:15 pm

3. Sug Reply

December 13, 2012 at 3:15 pm

4. Joe L Reply

December 5, 2012 at 6:38 am

We ar living in a society that glorify and support the thug look and even copied by those that are not teens but fathers and grand fathers and the media support this by commercials that dispect this as an exceptable image, not knowing that this moves many from the main stream of society, this style only attract the thug and gang banger group that end up in jail.

5. curtis low Reply

December 4, 2012 at 9:42 am

Tired of teenagers having no respect for others. Pants down; hair nappy and our parents letting them come like that. We in Florida are tired of this b.s.! No matter who you are; I say, make these penalties harsh for the lil hoodlums. Sorry; fed up with this mess.

• Youcanbe Anythang Onhere Reply

December 4, 2012 at 5:55 pm

so the answer is punishment? hmm, wonder how that’s gonna work out. by no means is this acceptable but look at their envoirment it;s like they are doomed to fail

• Cocobrown Reply

December 13, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I definitely agree with making punishments for these types of crimes be much, much harsh. People who get arrested for drug possession, or intent to distribute get 18 to 30 years. Simple non v*****t charges. But gun possessions, attempted murders well maybe bout 10 years and a little more. They should get max for first offenders and make an example out of them for these teenagers who are now walking around here thinking they are immortal because they resolve everything with violence.

I agree, no respect for others. They have not been taught how to deal with rejection, or how to overcome obstacles with hard work and dedication. We are forgetting to take care of our kids instead allowing the world and pleasures of materialistic things be a guide to our priorities.

I fear for my two sons, but I work hard to keep them involved in activities so they can stay off the streets. I think with that is not enough to keep them out of danger. It can happen anywhere and to anyone. This world is so evil and it’s a shame that we have to allow our justice system to raise them. Until the government do more about the justice system, guns, and better strategies to keep down crime we are in trouble.

But the disheartening thing is that they focus more on camera tickets, who’s paying more taxes our children are dying by the hands of our streets. And if we don’t come together in numbers, we will never be heard!!