Witness Claims Surviving Cowboy Refused to Help Dying Teammate

According to the Dallas Morning News, a witness to the deadly accident involving Dallas Cowboys players Josh Brent and Jerry Brown is saying that the surviving player refused to help his teammate out of the car.  The witness says that it was only after begging and pleading that he offered to help him.

Brown was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced d**d.  Brent is being charged intoxication manslaughter.

“Jerry was alive. He was h**t. He was calling out and his own friend walked away,” the witness said.

Brent’s attorney, George Milner, says the witness is wrong:

“That is absolutely false,” he said. “That’s not even consistent with what the police said when they came up on the scene. What I’ve been told is that Jerry Brown was never conscious after the accident. She’s a nut and she better be careful with this one.”

The woman says she was driving home from her birthday party when she saw the accident.  She says that Brent’s Mercedes was flipped over and started to catch on fire.  She pulled over to help Brent, but says that she was shocked at his reaction.

“I jumped out and ran out toward the wreck and Josh Brent was standing to the side in the grass,” she said. “And I yelled to him, ‘Are you ok? Are you ok?’ And he told me he was fine. I was relieved because I thought it’s just a single car accident, nobody’s h**t. And then fire sparked up from the car and got bigger and I started to hear screams.”

She says that as the fire got bigger, Brent refused to help.

“He looked at me and said, ‘He won’t get out of the car.’ And I said, ‘Get him out of the car. You have to save him.’”

She said she ran to get her phone to call 911 and came back to find that Brent still hadn’t done anything.

“He did nothing,” she said. “He didn’t say come on, hang in there, hold his hand. That’s what upsets me the most at this point. He abandoned him.”

The witness admits that Brent was probably in shock, but she was also shocked that he didn’t help his friend.

“I’m sure he was because he is human,” she said. “He may have been in shock, but he was very coherent at the time.”

44 Responses to Witness Claims Surviving Cowboy Refused to Help Dying Teammate

1. larry Reply

December 16, 2012 at 3:54 am

Why does it have to be racism? We do sometimes tend to use that word loosely. Perhaps the person is lying, then maybe not. But the account they give is not judgmental. It is either a true or false factual statement. I hope it is false. But if true, perhaps there is a psychological explanation. Who knows?

2. larry Reply

December 16, 2012 at 3:54 am

3. larry Reply

December 16, 2012 at 3:54 am

4. Elizabeth Reply

December 13, 2012 at 8:28 pm

THIS IS TERRIBLE! I WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT, BOTH CARS WERE TOTALED. MY DOORS WERE CLOSED, BENT AND THE POLICE COULD NOT OPEN THEM. I COULD SEE THEM, I COULD SEE THEM GESTURING TO ME BUT I COULD HEAR NOTHING. FINALLY INSTEAD OF WAITING ON THE JAWS OF LIFE TO GET ME OUT OF THE CAR, SIX OFFICERS PULLED THE DRIVER DOOR OPEN AND GOT ME OUT. I COULD SEE ALL, COULD NOT RESPOND, I COULD NOT HEAR. I LEARNED LATER I WAS IN SHOCK.

DON’T JUDGE!

5. sandra Reply

December 12, 2012 at 9:16 am

Innocent until proven guilty. Sounds like alot of racism going on in the previous comments.

6. Erica Reply

December 11, 2012 at 8:22 pm

There people go JUDGING AGAIN,If you have ever been in an accident, SHOCK takes over so the possibiity of that is real.No one knows if mently he was trying to get it together if he was impaired and moving someone in a c***h without proper knowledge could cause more damage to the victim.Walk a mile in his shoe before judging.

7. willie gibbs jr Reply

December 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm

i don’t what it’s going take for ppl to learn not to drive drunk…sad.

8. lula Reply

December 11, 2012 at 2:53 pm

How many drunk people do you know or have met understands anything you say. If she was coming from a party she probably was drunk too. I’m sure this is not the truth, they were best friends.

9. Edward Smikle Reply

December 11, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Well he live and work in Texas, the hanging state. I hope they try him find him guilty of murder and hang his BA.Deunk driving is a crime, these athletes believed they are above the laws, and can do what they want and get away with it. Hope fully they will make an example of him.HANG HIM HIGH.

10. Edward Smikle Reply

December 11, 2012 at 1:40 pm

11. Edward Smikle Reply

December 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm

12. John Yarrow Reply

December 11, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Why would she lie? She has nothing to gain.

13. Sheri douglas Reply

December 11, 2012 at 9:00 am

I bet shes white.. White are so full of drama..and big liars..this is happening more and more now adays…

• Greg Reply

December 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

The chances are that she is right regardless of her race. That big ole typical n-word is acting just like most of us. We are always putting up this big front around white folks. He is selfish like we are. And he let his suposedly best friend die. This is so typical of the black people. This is why we are a pathetic group of people we are now. It was this big collard greens eating offensive lineman fault for driving drunk again. And the other black man should have never got in a car with him. He know how n-words are. I am not gong to lie and pretend about this. The so-called white woman had no reason to lie about what she saw. She saw n-wordism at its finest.

• Dread Reply

December 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Ether you a a self hating blackman or you are white this sh*t you wrote is the most racist thing I have ever seen, Probably a white man posing as a black, I live in Texas asnd what this lady wrote is pure fabrication, when the police arrived Mr. Brent was trying to pull his friend from the car, because a small fire had started but never engulfed the car, Th is report was on FOX news, so now all of you posers can believe it.

• Dread Reply

December 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Either you a a self hating blackman or you are white this sh*t you wrote is the most racist thing I have ever seen, Probably a white man posing as a black, I live in Texas asnd what this lady wrote is pure fabrication, when the police arrived Mr. Brent was trying to pull his friend from the car, because a small fire had started but never engulfed the car, Th is report was on FOX news, so now all of you posers can believe it.

14. Sheri douglas Reply

December 11, 2012 at 8:59 am

I bet shes white.. White are so full of drama..and big liars..