Chris Brown and Frank Ocean Brawl At Music Studio, Police Called

A fight erupted between Chris Brown and Frank Ocean at Westlake Recording Studio in the L.A. area on Sunday night. The actual cause of the fight has not been revealed, but sources close to Chris Brown say Frank started it.

It appears as if Chris Brown has a hard time getting along with people. Whenever there is an altercation of some sort involving an R&B artist and someone else, more than likely Chris Brown is the common denominator of the situations.

TMZ is reporting that Chris Brown and Frank Ocean got into a major brawl early Sunday evening. Chris Brown was working with an artist at the Westlake Studio in L.A. and was reportedly blocked into the parking lot by Frank Ocean and his associates.

According to sources close to Brown, Ocean reportedly said: “This is my studio. This is my parking spot.” Brown then attempted to go over and shake Ocean’s hand, which resulted in him being attacked by one of Ocean’s associates. TMZ also reports that one of Brown’s friends then came over and defended him. Ocean then went after Brown and the scene turned into an all-out brawl. The police were called and arrived on the scene and have contained the situation. There will be more info as details are revealed.

This isn’t the first time that Chris and Frank have had disputes. In the past, they have been known to get into heated arguments on twitter and in person, so it seems that dynamic has escalated to point of destruction. Both Chris Brown and Frank Ocean have a lot going for them and this kind of behavior isn’t what they should continue to display.

If you were to guess, who do you think is at fault?

Malcolm Morrow, a Your Black World Network contributor, is a senior, criminal justice major at The University of Southern Miss.

18 Responses to Chris Brown and Frank Ocean Brawl At Music Studio, Police Called

1. marco

February 5, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Chris Brown needs to go somewhere and sit down! His antics have become TIRED! Frank Ocean should have whupped that azz!

2. Betty

January 30, 2013 at 10:31 am

Chris brown paid for what he did people should forgive for what he did everytime some thing happens people blame Chris brown Wendy Williams talk about this on her show and you can clearly see she did not have her facts right RiRi forgave who are we to judge give him a break he is young he is learning

3. Cher in Nashville

January 29, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Maria, AMEN!

4. BlackSupaman

January 29, 2013 at 3:13 am

2Extra-Soft clowns having a lovers quarrel !!!!!!

5. Maria

January 29, 2013 at 2:04 am

I agree with Airbrush. I guess you wanted to stir up your readers to get feedback. However, I believe you have a responsibility as a writer and to ask a question that contradicts the facts as you reported makes me question the substance of your persona. One thing I do know, we cannot hide behide our titles and occupations. Words can kill a person’s character and one day the choices you make with the tools of words may come back to crunch you.

6. Maria

January 29, 2013 at 2:04 am

7. Maria

January 29, 2013 at 2:04 am

8. Maria

January 29, 2013 at 2:04 am

9. AMAZINGGRACE

January 28, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Sounds like two lovers having an argument to me:)

10. Cher in Nashville

January 28, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Airbrushed, I agree with you 100% why was the question asked, when the article very clearly states that Chris went over to shake Frank’s hand which resulted in him being attacked!

11. marcus davis

January 28, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Who cares about these dumb ass entertainers ,another incident that demonstrates that black folks would rather kill each other than unify as a people.

12. Airbrushed

January 28, 2013 at 1:44 pm

OK why would you ask a question when you already laid out what supposedly took place?? If reports say that Ocean was the one who acted like an ignorant buffoon then he caused this scene along with the idiot(s) he hangs with. Unless Ocean’s name is on the damn lease or paperwork showing he has ownership of the studio and the parking space, he should sit his dumb ass down and act like a professional. He also needs to teach his moronic friends how to act and fighting is not it. As you can see from the statements, Chris didn’t swing on anyone until Ocean went after him so he defended himself. Ocean needs to grow the hell up already.

13. Fatima

January 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm

They need to step away from the drugs. Any mood altering chemical blinds your judgement.

14. John Dixon

January 28, 2013 at 10:59 am

Pehaps the reason for CB anger is that he himself perhaps may be “in the closet?”