Radio One Cancels Warren Ballentine After Indictment

Copyright Charles Votaw Photography 2006

Radio show host Warren Ballentine has found that his relationship with Radio One/Reach Media might be more shallow than he originally thought.  The host just announced via Facebook that his show has been cancelled and taken off the air.  The move was likely made in response to a recent indictment on bank and wire fraud charges, for which Ballentine is set to be arraigned.

Ballentine was accused of securing mortgages that were deemed to be fraudulent.  He is now facing very serious prison time, with each of six counts of fraud carrying a maximum sentence of up to 30 years in prison.

Ballentine seemed disappointed in the decision by Radio One, blasting the network on his Facebook page.   His message sounds like the pressure of his situation might be catching up with him:

“To all the truthfighters thank you I TRIED. Reach Media/ radio one just canceled my show. I was accused not found guilty of anything and they do this dont care about my kid me or the listeners. Well I guess Im finding out who really is with me now I guess I will be homeless soon.”

For those who are unaware, Bank Fraud is when fraudulent methods are used to obtain assets or property held by a financial institution.   Wire fraud is when property is obtained fraudulently via the use of mail or wire communication.

Ballentine plans to fight the charges and maintains that he is innocent.  He also made this remark on his Facebook page:

“The truth will come out soon!!!!!! I’m INNOCENT. I will comment soon. Thank u to all who know I did not do this. And god bless all u who are enjoying this.”

46 Responses to Radio One Cancels Warren Ballentine After Indictment

1. Tyrone Thorpe

October 13, 2013 at 10:05 pm

This is sad on every conceivable level. That really explained why I wasn’t able to find him at all.

I just hope what was put out there WAS NOT true and that he’s innocent and cleared of the charges because he let folks have it with the truth in love, whether they wanted it or not.

2. SEAN FROM BROOKLYN

March 22, 2013 at 10:37 am

3. Regena Jones

March 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Tokunboh,

In regard to your comments: Very well said! Thank you for saying them.

“Speak truth to Power”.

Love and blessings to you!

4. Regena Jones

March 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Tokunboh,

In regard to your comments: Very well said! Thank you for saying them.

“Speak truth to Power”.

Love and blessings to you!

5. Regena Jones

March 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Tokunboh,

In regard to your comments: Very well said! Thank you for saying them.

“Speak truth to Power”.

Love and blessings to you!

6. Regena Jones

March 21, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Tokunboh,

In regard to your comments: Very well said! Thank you for saying them.

“Speak truth to Power”.

Love and blessings to you!

7. Regena Jones

March 21, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Sean,

I know it can be painful to bear witness to our (Black folks) imperfections however I hope you are humbled enough to realize like ALL of is, Warren is not perfect. He is however worthy of our support, love and encouragement.

It sounds as though you speak from a position of pain and hurt, which I can understand….but please, let’s rise to a spiritual level in this regard; a level that reflects, if you are truly seeking truth, an understanding that what is happening to Warren goes far beyond him as an individual but speaks to the systematic destruction of us (Black folks)as a people.

I send you love and many, many blessings with the hope and humility you will revisit your comments seeking truth and best intentions to lift and liberate Black people.

• SEAN FROM BROOKLYN

March 22, 2013 at 10:03 am

WRONG!!!!!!!!!11

I DO NOT HAVE SELF HATE.THAT IS SAME BS PULLED OUT BY YOU BOULE NEGROES, ANYTIME SOMEONE DARE TO CRITICIZE ONE OF THE BOULES(LIKE OBAMA). IF READ WHAT I WROTE I LISTENED TO HIS SHOW EVERYDAY AND TRIED TO GET OTHER BLACKS TO LISTEN ALSO.
      WHAT I WAS TOLD BY THE OTHER PEOPLE WAS THAT HE WAS ALWAYS TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING.

READ THIS ARTICLE

AL SHARPTON……..FBI INFORMANT,TAX CHEAT, ALL AROUND HUSLTLE
      JESSE JACKSON JR…..FBI INFORMANT,ADULTERY,STOLE CAMPAIGN MONEY,
      JESSE JACKSON SR………READ JESSE JACKSON JR.
      TOM JOYNER…..HUSTLER OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY….
      NOTICE WHEN CRACKER BARREL AND WELLS FARGO HAD PROBLEMS IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY, WHO DID THEY GO TO ADVERTISE WITH TOM JOYNER THAT IS WHO.

AND I CAN GO WRITE FOR DAYS ON THIS ISH.

MY POINT IS THESE PEOPLE DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE BLACK AMERICAN OR AFRO-AMERICAN COMMUNITY THEY ARE ALL HUSTLERS AND WORK WITH THE GOV’T

THEY CARE ABOUT INTEGRATION (WARREN BALLENTINE)
      LIKE I SAID IN OTHER POST WARREN LOVED THE WHITE MAN, WERE IS ALL HIS “WHITE FRIENDS” NOW.

THE WHITE MAN HAS BROUGHT NOTHING BUT WAR AND FILTH TO THE EARTH HE IS TO BE DEALT WITH NOT INTEGRATED WITH.

8. Regena Jones

March 21, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Thank you. Warren needs our love, support, encouragement and activism to see him through this with a cleared name and desire to continue the work of giving voice to the voiceless.

Self-hatred is a hell of a thing and it’s unfortunate that it is paramount among Black people as evidenced by many of the comments filled with venom towards our Brother.

I love Warren and will be eternally grateful for the unrelenting service he has given and continues to give to the Black community specifically and the human family in general.

Peace, love and blessings to all.

9. Mana

March 15, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I hope he found not guilty of these charges.

10. Tokunboh

February 24, 2013 at 6:57 pm

The TRUTH of the matter is simple. We do not need to keep cursing and spouting rage and incendiaries towards our enemy…..the white oppressive system. The truth is that the racist, hegemonist, prejudiced, hate-filled dominant ruling class (represented in this and every other instance by the white man, woman and child) will ‘allow’ you to get away with pretty much anything as long as they are making a fortune off your back (like the whore you are) or as long as you don’t have the gall or temerity to speak against their evils or against the racism that still binds us…if you are a Michael Jordan , they (NIKE) will willing pay you $50 million a year as long as they can reap $3 billion off your ass. If you start to speak out against the sweatshop practices or the discrepancy in minority hiring within their corporate chains, they will can your ass so fast and force you to ‘retire’.

This is the sad and violent reality of living in the United States of America. The greatest democracy in the world that doesn’t permit its people to have a voice, dissenting or otherwise…..The current situation in the South side of Chicago is a prime example. It is no big deal that hundreds of children have died from gun fire this year. It is no skin off their noses that scores of innocents are murdered in the predominantly Black neighborhoods as long as some white person somewhere is making a profit from flooding these communities with cheap Chinese made Tec-9′s and AK-47′s but let one Sandy Hook happen and watch all mayhem break loose. Chris Dorner had the right as a truth fighter. He had them panicked as he not only was exposing them but had been a part of the very system he sought to expose.

Warren Ballentine is a product and victim of the very system we are all fighting against while simultaneously trying to ‘fit in’ and survive in…..keep your heads up folks. Nothing has really changed since the 1800′s as I pointed out during a recent screening of Django, which prompted a rather obese white lady to angrily yell at me to shut up….I politely informed her not to transfer her guilt at morbidly having to come to see the movie to me….after all I didn’t put a gun to her head and force her to come see the movie…..

11. Mary B. Cole

February 22, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Warren, I don’t believe those lies. Keep your head up. I will be praying for you. I really miss listening to you in Atlanta.

12. Mary B. Cole

February 22, 2013 at 12:26 pm

13. Paul

February 13, 2013 at 9:55 am

Why aren’t ohter black radio & tv personality’voiceing support on the air for warren? (armstrong williams)

14. Paul

February 13, 2013 at 9:55 am

15. Battle Terrance

February 5, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I believe Warren was sincere in his desire to help by means of his radio show and the many other activites he was involved in, unfortunatley i believe all the assistance he provided through his radio show, topics such as bankruptcy made him a target, so anything that even gave an appearance of wrong doing they jumped on with both feet, without even a chance to defend he is already suffering he’s been removed from the air radio one dropped his show it’s suppose to go INNOCENT until proven guilty.

16. Bonny

February 4, 2013 at 12:10 pm

COINTELPRO

17. kwacyde

February 1, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I don’t know weather the brother is innocent, or guilty. I liked much of what he was talking about. But I could never understand what he was talking about when he would say our white, or Jewish, brothers and sisters. I thought that was strange, I am not against any body except the racists, and white supremacists. However, I hope he will learn from this and benefit, and not straddle the fence any more.

• Ray

February 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I don’t think Warren was straddling the fence when he spoke of love for all brothers and sisters. I am Black and I certainly understand the racist views in this country. But we as Black people are forgiving people as a whole. That’s why we get the shaft a lot. But I rather be a human than a hater. But your point is well taken and understood.

18. Chuck

February 1, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Its interesting reading the statements concerning racism and classism in these posts…this Sean from Brookyln is particularly offensive as Warren has always advocated black rights at every opportunity. To find joy in his troubles is disgusting.

Nonetheless as a white guy who’s knows Warren, I HIGHLY doubt he would knowingly participate in this type of activity.

I wish him well, think hes does a great job on his show, and will pray for him and his family as well.

• sean from brooklyn

February 3, 2013 at 4:07 pm

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS FRAUD TALKED ABOUT CLASSISM NOT RACISM.

DID YOU FUKING LISTEN TO HIS SHOW.

LET’S SEE IF IT IS CLASSISM AFTER 60 MONTHS IN MARION.

NO, THEN IT WILL BE ABOUT THESE DEVILS, BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE TRUST THE WHITE MAN AT YOUR OWN WILL.

HE NEVER ALLOWED YOU TO CALL HIS SHOW AND CRITICIZE THESE ASKENAZIM AND CAUCASIODS.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

• Ray

February 12, 2013 at 12:10 am

Chuck, people enjoy the misery of others. We call them haters. I don’t waste my time with idiots like Sean.

• sean from brooklyn

February 13, 2013 at 11:32 am

HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

show me where this mutt let you call his show and criticize jews and whites.

SHOW ME MUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I LISTEN EVERY FUKING DAY

DO THE 60 MONTHS IN MARION AND THEN COME OUT AND SUPPORTS BLACKS THAT ARE TIRED IF THIS RACIST SYSTEM.

60 MONTHS IN MARION WILL GET HIM RIGHT.

R.I.P CHRIS TRUTH FIGHTER DORNER.

REAL TRUTH FIGHTER.

• Ray

February 12, 2013 at 12:10 am

• Ray

February 12, 2013 at 12:10 am

• Ray

February 12, 2013 at 12:10 am

19. Anew

January 31, 2013 at 8:03 pm

If they can select this one man and charge him with fraud and the real crooks get away and with BIG ASS BONUSES in front of the entire world i have to dig down really deep in my soul and ask why?? why would the establishment want to ruin this man’s life for telling the truth. That’s why has told the truth..will stand behind you and pray for you and family..

• sean from brooklyn

January 31, 2013 at 9:05 pm

not the white man fault

warren said that himself…………

20. sean from brooklyn

January 31, 2013 at 5:30 pm

let this be a lesson to you devil lover’s do not trust and defend your enemy.

can not stop laughing

• evelyn

January 31, 2013 at 6:44 pm

yor part of the problem man.. yor drownin in ignorance. he aint neva uheld the white man. he told the real deal research yo histry & stop worshipin the rappers bible”

• sean from brooklyn

January 31, 2013 at 7:25 pm

rappers bible wtf are you talking about?

i and others have called his show and he always have said the white man was not the issue it was classism not racism.

the last couple months it always have been about THEY WERE TRYING TO GET HIM who the f was they?

it wasn’t some black so called gang banger or some black church member, it was the white man.

so like i said earlier f him and anyone who loves him……..he never ever wanted to blame the white man until these DEVILS got is but in a sling

21. sean from brooklyn

January 31, 2013 at 5:29 pm

fuk warren.

every time you call his show he defends the white man.

it’s classism not racism.

now look at what video he has on his facebook

cointelpro……negro please, now the white devil is the problem

i am laughing so hard…………….

now let me see if his homeboy from the chi get him out this ish.

22. Rev Edward Pinkney

January 31, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Warren : I am with you all the way. The federal government can always get other black people to claim you did certain things for money or less sentence. The bad part all it take is one paid lie to send him to prison. Warren we love you in Benton Harbor.

• sean from brooklyn

January 31, 2013 at 5:33 pm

a rev it can not be racism WARREN saids so.

there is no racism only CLASSISM.

23. Reubenk> Harpole

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The truth wil rise to the top.

24. Reubenk> Harpole

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The truth wil rise to the top.

25. Reubenk> Harpole

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The truth wil rise to the top.

26. Reubenk> Harpole

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The truth wil rise to the top.

27. Reubenk> Harpole

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The truth wil rise to the top.

28. Captain R.C.

January 31, 2013 at 12:20 pm

It’s an ABOMINATION that some people have already rushed to judgement against brother Ballentine, without knowing all the facts, Please contact me my brutha, If u get this message WARREN BALLENTINE. May GOD bless you and forever keep you in his presence is my PRAYER..

Respectfully
    THE CAPTAIN,

29. rosemary davis

January 31, 2013 at 11:59 am

Wow this is really sad I use to love seeing him on CNN he seemed to be a very smart and an intelligent Man but this is what greed and doing shady things will do so now he want to cry foul and is looking for sympathy from his listners another Ray Nagin,Jessie Jackson Jr.among others who have had it all when will Negroes learn?? It seems like when we get ahead we throw it all away because we feel that we can do underhanded things and some how it want be found out well Warren you made your bed so now you have to lay in it and be responsible for your stupidity fraud carry some serious time especially if it involves the Goverment.

• Elem

January 31, 2013 at 4:34 pm

So Rosemary, are you psychic? The government tells you a black man committed a crime and you automatically believe them?

I have more words for you but what good will it do?

• rosemary davis

February 1, 2013 at 11:47 am

No not psychic at all and I am not saying that the Government is right in all cases either but I do beleive that crediable evidence was found in order to indict him and in the end the evidence will prove him guilty or innocent but let’s face it the Government usually win a large percentage of their cases, the great Martha Stewart and the former Govenor of Illinois John Bagolivich just to name a few of the many that was prosecuted sucessfully by the Feds and was sent to prison for crimes that they supposedly did not committ.

30. shawn

January 31, 2013 at 10:31 am

It’s a shame that when a black man talks about helping his people by getting out of debt and doing for self something happens to him. When will we as black people stand up for something instead of shucking and jiving all over the place.. Are we that brainwash…

31. Yeah I Said It!

January 31, 2013 at 9:37 am

He’s being framed, every black man who speaks out usually gets framed.

32. Dan

January 31, 2013 at 5:56 am

No indictments of the Wall Street bandits???????????