[adrotate block="1"]

by Yvette Carnell

If you’ve watched the news coverage of ex-LAPD cop turned suspected killer Chris Dorner, then you know that he’s being profiled as a chris-dorner-lapdsociopath – a man without sympathy or emotion. But if you dig into Dorner’s past, then you quickly learn that he was always a man of honor, as evidenced by this 2002 story about him finding money and returning it to its rightful owners:

Vance students turn in lost church money

By Robert Barron, Staff Writer
The Enid News and Eagle

ENID, Okla. —

The military stresses integrity. It is apparently a lesson learned well by two Vance Air Force Base students.

An Enid church is a little richer today thanks to the integrity of Lt. Andrew Baugher, a Marine student at Vance, and Ensign Chris Dorner, a Navy student pilot.

The two were driving into Enid Sunday afternoon when they spotted a bank bag in the middle of the road.

After turning around, they picked up the bag and found it contained nearly $8,000. They promptly took the bag to the Enid Police Department

The money belongs to Enid Korean Church of Grace, 724 W. Randolph, and the bag contained $7,792 in cash and checks.

“I thought it was a wallet. We turned around and found it was a bank envelope,” Baugher said. “We opened it and found plenty of cash in there.”

Baugher said the pair did not know if the money was lost or stolen, but took it to the police department.

“I thought it was a piece of cardboard,” Dorner said. “When we passed it I thought it was a large purse and turned around.”

When the two opened the envelope, they saw the checks and the church’s deposit slip.

Manhunt subject names Enid ties | Ex-cop shoots 3 in L.A.

Not everyone would have returned the money, but Baugher and Dorner said “it’s an integrity thing.”

Both were taught honest as children, and integrity is stressed in their military training.

Baugher grew up in Ankeny, Iowa, a small town north of Des Moines, and was raised in a church.

Dorner was raised by his mother in La Palma, Calif., in Orange County. Both men learned the value of honesty as they were raised.

“It was just the right thing to do,” Baugher said. “I have loan payments it could have taken care of.”

Baugher said he learned the pastor of the church had placed the bag on top of his car and it fell off.

Baugher, a Marine, is a member of the Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training program at Vance. He hopes to fly an F-18. Dorner, a Navy officer, hopes to fly SH-60 helicopters used for search and rescue and in special operations.

“The military stresses integrity,” Dorner said. “There was a couple of thousand dollars, and if people are willing to give that to a church, it must be pretty important to them.”

He said it was “a little scary” having that much money in front of him.

Dorner said his mother taught him honesty and integrity.

“I didn’t work for it, so it’s not mine. And it was for the church,” he said. “It’s not so much the integrity, but it was someone else’s money. I would hope someone would do that for me.”

Both students received telephone calls Sunday evening from a church member, whose name they could not understand.

One phrase they did hear was, “God bless you. Thank you.”

The question we should all be asking ourselves is what changed Dorner? Dorner provides a lot of the answers in his manifesto.

23 Responses to Ex-LAPD Cop Turned Suspected K!ller Once Found $8,000 and Returned it to the Church

1. ray ban sunglasses outlet

June 10, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Ex-LAPD Cop Turned Suspected K!ller Once Found $8,000 and Returned it to the Church | Your Black World
    ray ban sunglasses outlet http://www.lociraj.com

2. Obadyahu

February 13, 2013 at 9:34 pm

See, the truth is… he never changed. He believed so strongly in integrity that when people whom he once believed stood for integrity showed their true colors, he took justice into his own hands and killed in the name of it. Think about it… all the pigs had to do was tell the TRUTH and Dorner would’ve stopped killing. So he was essentially killing in the name of revealing the truth, not money, not revenge, not anything else but clearing his name and restoring his integrity, regardless of the cost. I think he was what the world would call over zealous. People have killed in the name of religion and many other things they deemed worthy to die for, and in his case he deemed his integrity worth killing and dying for.

The only thing people can seem to focus on is the fact that he killed innocents. Like the Pigs don’t kill innocents everyday for no reason. I’d feel safer around Dorner than the swine any day.

3. Sandra

February 12, 2013 at 12:31 am

My heart goes out to Christopher. He is a mothers son. The LAPD know more about why he is doing this than they are saying.Somewhere you made this man feel less than who he is.Racism is written all over this,you pushed him too far and you trained him to respond this way(Kill). So who is to blame?

4. LeAnne Bishop

February 11, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Also, its sad that the case is now being re-investigated.
    If this had happened in 2008 when the allegation took place
    we wouldn’t be reading this about him. It took him to act
    like a crazy person to get attention!

5. LeAnne Bishop

February 11, 2013 at 5:50 pm

The article said. A man without sympathy or emotion.”
    He has plenty of emotion, that’s what put him in this
    situation. I am so sorry it had to come to this. I can
    say, he certainly stands tall for what he believes in.

6. AquaBlu

February 11, 2013 at 2:20 am

Chris Dormer, I believe has gone through Hell and High water and there’s more to this story than meets the eye. The sad thing is we will never get to hear Chris side because what He knows will no doubt die with him. Orders to shoot to kill Chris Dormer was in place immediately after the incident occurred.

There are good cops and Bad cops and Dormer was at one time An excellent cop, Over the course of time I am positive Chris has seen a few things that I’m sure civilians would no doubt find repulsive and incriminating racist and down right dirty. Like attorneys their first oath and responsibility is not to the client ,but to the courts. These are the same procedures and loyalty every officer accepts when inducted into the world of homeland security.

Based upon the grounds and oath of responsibility as an Fellow officer orders have been implemented to shoot to kill on sight. Dormer is trying to tell some things ,contact people and get his voice heard before he’s killed.
    I don’t believe he’s running for his life. However: I do believe he strategically planned this whole Charade. It’s obvious something radically changed this mans whole perspective which cause Him in my opinion to realize He’s damn if He does and He’s damn if He doesn’t

So No! he’s not running for his life ,in fact that’s what makes him so dangerous is because He’s already conquered death. Which in all cases is FEAR meaning: (False Evidence Appearing Real” ) You see America doesn’t realize it but judgement had fallen upon her and guys you haven’t seen anything yet. There is so much going on until it would take me a life time to catch you up on current events as they really are. I also believe there are many hidden secrets that will be revealed if He is not captured soon and released to the public.

Anderson Cooper received a package from him and I’m sure others have as well and have maybe been instructed on hat to do in case of his being captured. Hurt people Hurt people.

What the Police of that county wants to make sure what happens in __________? Stays in ________It is crystal clear there’s an agenda. Dormer has simply reached his boiling point of humiliation, lies deceit cover-ups and more. My brother is a Chicago Police and He says: you think the gang bangers have a code of Silence He says ” The LAPD ,CPD ,NYPD etcetera have a code more deadly then any gang member ever dreamed of. I’m just keeping it real. Again the outcome of this will shock you if Dormer gets his way.

PEACE

7. Ann G.

February 10, 2013 at 1:56 pm

The “Blue Code” of most police departments is NEVER tell on each
    other right or wrong, this man told the truth and paid a price
    for it. The LAPD is known for being crooked! There has been
    problems with this police department off and on for years. I
    Just wish this young man had seeked professional help before he
    snapped! Dorner’s thoughts were I have done everything right all
    of my life and this is the thanks I get, even if they take him
    alive, he will have to go to prison, maybe get death, I truly
    hate to see this but he did kill innoncent people, I just hope
    the Captain that fired him over the truth can live with himself,
    the loss of his daughter, etc., after all, that stuff runs down
    hill.

8. Jaime Andres Pretell

February 10, 2013 at 8:27 am

And let’s not forget the two people he killed were an innocent African American and his Chinese American fiancee.

9. Jaime Andres Pretell

February 10, 2013 at 8:19 am

People get fired all the time. They don’t go on killing sprees of innocent people. He had a sense of self entitlement where he thought his loss justified any means. Narcissistic, which explains his failed relationships.These were innocent victims, and no amount of grandstanding over supposed victimism on his part will change that.

10. Malik Emir EL

February 10, 2013 at 8:02 am

After reading the manifesto it clear Domer is know crazy man. I am inclined to call him a HERO! He is military trained as well as a professional in his field of work. He has evaluated this whole process and understands the consequence of his actions. I understand his feeling being in a multi military organization at one time myself. Domer is actually the VICTIM here, may of you need to really point the finger at the people in charge of these IRISH ran organizations which have been family ran for years. In Chicago you have the same mess . The Chicago police, The Chicago Fire Department , Sewer Department, States Attorney’s Office, etc All these department are racist in the approach used to bring justice. Domer has a good heart and his actions are normal for me, I have seen Black men killed by police officers all over America and many of them never get prosecuted nor their superiors. The blame for these type of justice is the Mayors and old ass Commanders and chiefs in these department who promote RASCIM by over looking qualified Black men and women who would firer or discipline CAUCASIAN who display cultural bias towards other cultures. I would hope many of our leaders would rally around this brother and avoid these elitist from trying to massacre our brother so they can save face. I don”t care about the people he killed , this is war and their are always casualties when combating the enemy. The system in America breeds Racist and in many back rooms where Caucasian hide their hands they promote and institute policies that drive people to these extremes. I wish Domer well and commend him for exposing this KKK UNDERGROUND that continue to use there laws and hatred to kill and distort the quality of life in our communities… I prey for him and hope we african american learn to support effort of other to expose wrong whether extreme or not!! May Peace find you Chris you are loved by your own people !

• CRYSTAL B

February 10, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I agree with you Sir. This young Man had everything going for him and LAPD Messed him up. I have been in L.A. 50 years and it not any better today they are the worse police department I have ever seen. This young man isn’t crasy he is MAD. This Black has had enough with the lies, racism which goes on in the police department everyday. LAPD has taken his JOY which leave you with nothing wow that is really messed up. To serve your country and come home with an outstanding record and come to home to work for the BIG CROOKS was not the thing to do, but he didn’t know just how bad it was until he started to work for them. He knows they are going to kill him but he is letting the truth be told. Now they want to reopen the case right.

• CRYSTAL B

February 10, 2013 at 1:25 pm

• me112233

February 11, 2013 at 12:30 am

Have you lost your mind? If you ever wonder why black people get stereotyped as stupid and ignorant, you are the poster child. 100% of people who live past the day they are born have “not very nice” things done to them. There exists people of all races who treat other people badly based solely on racial issues; and because of that, everybody has received, to one degree or another, some measure of mistreatment based on race.

That said, nothing done to you creates an excuse for cold-blooded murder. And nothing done to this Chris Dorner guy justifies his murder of anyone. Kicking their ass, maybe. But not murder. If you look at his manifesto, he is a left-winger. He is mad that he has been treated badly. I get that. But going out and shooting somebody’s daughter because you don’t like what her father did, that’s pathetic. That’s what the communists do.

Sure, he says some sensible things in his manifesto; yet, he has lots of nutty things in there. Most every whack job and/or terrorist out there has a few things that he says/does that make sense. Yet, those sensible things don’t excuse the murders. Nothing excuses the murders. If we just murdered someone every time somebody did us wrong, perhaps there wouldn’t be anyone left?

11. Malik Emir EL

February 10, 2013 at 8:01 am

12. Malik Emir EL

February 10, 2013 at 8:01 am

13. Joseph Johnson

February 10, 2013 at 6:46 am

This country will never admit to the unfair tre
    atment of black Americans. They have label us and call us all types of insulting names. Most black men only want to be given the same chance as white american. Although they creat oppressive and hostile situations. Many blacks adapted after multiple attempts at success. The only way one can make it is to learn their ways . Will you make it then? Only if your strong. Their plan from the beginning is to get into your head, for this reason black men should be taught about this countries ways at a young age .They demonizing anything blacks do and make false claims to the rest of the world about us. Yes the number one claim is that we suffer from mental health issues. We find this to be false in every way. We will never receive fair treatment from those who find fault in everyone else except themselves for the problems of this country. You can only play cover up for so long , black American except it you were born into a society that just except that they have lied and misused blacks for centuries. The ghettos and the prison of America are no mistake. Don’t expect fair treatment from those who were taught from a young age that we are a group of lazy shiftless savages that were save by his for fathers. How can a nation of rapes, theifs,and killers call any black man crazy. I’m not the best writer but you should understand what I am saying. Be strong brothers know thyself. And keep your enemies close friends even closer.

• AquaBlu

February 11, 2013 at 3:01 am

OMG! Joseph I LUV U…You couldn’t have spoken a truer word
      You sound like a brother after my own heart, who can finish my sentence because you know the real deal. Cut & Dry ( Willie Lynch) Kill the head and the body will die. You hit the nail on the head. Sad to say but true it’s hard to teach an old G new tricks. They are stuck in there ways and haven’t a clue as to why. You seem to be very assertive,and obviously quite knowledgeable in spite of the masses. My sentiments exactly. I am not condoning a eye for an eye nor innocent people dying because of their parents mistakes. There a book called ” Generational Curses ” The Sins of their Fathers”subtitle A good read. Just wanted to say I concur.

Peace

14. George Benson

February 10, 2013 at 6:41 am

As Black Americans we have a history of individually dealing with the pressure produced from racial oppression differently. There are those of us fearful of losing our creature comforts from just the very notion of standing up and speaking truth to power. There are those of us that seek the Good House Negro, seal of approval to stay in good grace with white folks no matter how many times our humanity is insulted. There are those of us so fed up we’ve tuned out and drop out and we’re living on the streets or locked up in white folk’s prison system. And then there are the very, very, very few of us, like Chris Dorner, whose Blackness starts from deep inside the soul and flows out through hundreds of years of dehumanization, disrespect and a total disregard for America’s declaration of the “self-evident-truths of equality, life and liberty”. Chris Dorner like Nat Turner is on one end of the Black Specturm of humanity as were Dr. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X on the opposite end. But make no mistake about, our Black Hisotry is replete with the life altering actions of polar opposites (like charges repel and unlike charges attract) that over time resulted a SMall but significant change towards actualizing America’s 236 year old declaration of the self-evident truths (1964 Civil Rights). Yes, the taking of innocent life is asolutely inhumane, but what race would know that any better than white folks?

15. mike Jackson

February 10, 2013 at 5:08 am

Its time to stop being controlled by the Media Black people, its been the way they’ve convinced the world were animals, were unTrust worthy, were deseased were everything but what we are, the strongest most enduring people on the planet! I’m glad people are reading this feanyoned up Brothers Manifesto because they are trying to assassinate this man without bullets the way they do anyone who refuses to bend over and take it up the ass! They’ve finally pushed the wrong one, and although it may not be “ethical” as to how he’s fixing the problem its damn for sure a long time comin & like he asked I hope the REAL journalist tells his real story because sadly his story is the story of US! And we know it, I hope with every bone in my body that this starts us to stop bending over and letting white America walk all over us and wipe their feet on our name because in Doners definition of what a name means you, we can’t continue to allow ours to be maligned & tarnished by an evil demonic culture of lowlife scumbags.

16. LQ

February 10, 2013 at 1:12 am

His manifesto will be studied in universities for years to come. I truly believe that he is far from crazy, he just never learned how to let go & let God.

17. Redbone

February 10, 2013 at 12:00 am

Christopher is my HERO!!! All the negativity in the media will not be able to kill his beautiful character off… he will always be a man of perfect integrity in my book and in my eyes… and the only weapon LAPD has to use right now is the perpertraiting lying media… and we already know how those dogmatic liers roll the dice 24-7…

18. Texas Truth

February 9, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Pressure People! I see so many frustrated brothers trying their best and coming in last, while others get a pass.

Holding it in only makes ticking time-bombs. The deliberate and indifferent racists of the world are turning America into a not-so-safe place for everyone.

We used to never see brothers engaging in this kind of blood sport. But who taught him? He is ultimately responsible for his own actions, but the current climate is planting the seeds.

19. Destitute American

February 9, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Chris Dorner is not crazy… at least he was not before he began the killing spree. He is a man under stress that finally snapped under the weight of everything that wrong with his world. Many people have a tenuous grasp at maintaining control during crisis, racism, perceived slights and injustices. He is not alone and he demonstrates good and bad traits, like everyone else. The demons ultimately won.