Former LAPD Cop on the Run after Allegedly Shooting Three Officers

dorner1

A man is on the run after three police officers were shot on Thursday, one of them fatally.   Police believe that the person responsible for the attack is a former Los Angeles Police Department Officer who was already wanted in connection to the murder of a college basketball coach and her fiance.

Christopher Dorner, 33-years old, is being pursued after the killings, which occurred Thursday in Riverside and Corona, two cities in California.  The deaths of the coach and her fiance occurred over the weekend.

Monica Quan, one of the victims, is the daughter of a retired LAPD captain who was part of the review process that led to the former officer being dismissed from his job.   Dorner had allegedly stated online that he might hurt police officers and their families as a result of his anger.   Police security had already been increased in the homes of the officers that Dorn allegedly named as his targets.

“We have strong cause to believe Dorner is armed and dangerous,” Irvine Police Chief David Maggard said.

Dorner lost his job in 2009 and allegedly implicated himself in the killings when he wrote his online manifesto.

“Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will lead to deadly consequences for you and your family. There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep.”

“The violence of action will be high,” he wrote. “… I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty.”

“I know most of you who personally know me are in disbelief to hear from media reports that I am suspected of committing such horrendous murders and have taken drastic and shocking actions in the last couple of days,” he allegedly wrote.

15 Responses to Former LAPD Cop on the Run after Allegedly Shooting Three Officers

1. Optionsnewsletter.com

December 24, 2013 at 10:06 am

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification
    appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of.

I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don’t know
    about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take
    a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

2. tasha

February 10, 2013 at 1:17 am

yes dude is wrong. he shouldn’t have done it. but remember that movie with Jaime Fox called “Law Abiding Citizen”? #imjustsayin’

3. corbin56

February 9, 2013 at 1:12 am

He is extremely cerebal. He is also angry. He has all of his former collegues scared to death. He is doing what some of us only dreamed of. I’m just going to sit back and count how many people die by his hand. I don’t give a rat’s behind about LAPD or any other PD.

Let the chips fall where they may!!

4. rob

February 8, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I went through something very similiar while on the job in NYC. Im not saying he’s right but I do understand you cannot destroy people’s lives and stop them for providing for themselves and their families. Thank God I was able to get out with my pension but I do understand

5. laura E.

February 8, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I hope they arrest him. Revenge will not help him. He’s sick. Horrible man.

6. Redbone / Dianna

February 7, 2013 at 9:48 pm

RAMBO!!!!!! RAMBO!!!! Man my beautiful black brother got all their azz crawling like rats and ground hogs they are…

7. marcus davis

February 7, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I understand how Dorner feels and where he,s coming from ,not suprised that this sort of thing has,nt happened sooner.All white racists have it coming ,they,re always the first to initiate any racial incident.Personally if black folks retaliated more to racisim instead of turning the other cheek ,then whites would,nt be so quick to mess with us.

8. TT_CA

February 7, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Karen whittle he is not a sociopath!.. this man poored out his feelings as to what went wrong(why he is so enraged). re-read the manifesto!

he was rail-roaded, racially degraded, and fired from his job!.. His lively hood, him never having a family of his own, not having a woman he could have turned to, A good friend who may have been able to turn him from his built up 4 yrs of anger, and the full life of dealing with whites who just hate you for the true color of your skin.

I am sorry he didn’t have anyone to turn too, Im sorry he was not able to clear his name..
    I don’t condone what he did but I do understand!

NAT TURNER!!! ..

9. Truthbeliever

February 7, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Eric, I hate it that you live your life so miserably. Most people lighten up a little and enjoy life. This is a public forum. If the comments have you “yelling” in all CAPS, perhaps you should go smoke your stuff. It’s clear that an open forum is not helping you. I’ll be praying.

10. Huge Bullbone

February 7, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Having been born to and raised in America by Native and African-Native parents I know from their and my own life experiences that you WILL be treated as badly by people in power (i.e., police, courts, politicians) as is humanly possible — especially if there are no actual or perceived consequences forthcoming or directed specifically at the perpetrators of this bad treatment. Therefore, this type of alleged action by this lone former LAPD officer is long overdue. May the Gods of war and retribution be with him and enable him to limit his actions to the truly guilty. For real.

11. ERIC

February 7, 2013 at 4:31 pm

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT BLACK PEOPLE TO DO, KEEP LETTING COPS ABUSE US? KEEP PUTTING UP WITH RACISM? KARNE WHITTLE, YOU NEED TO STOP IT GIRL, FOR REAL.. YOU LET SOME WHITE COPS COME IN YOUR HOME AND RAPE YOU OR YOUR DAUGHTER AND NOTHING GETS DONE ABOUT IT.. LET THEM CALL YOU A NIGGER. LET THEM HARASS YOU CAUSE YOU WALKING IN A WHITE NEIGHBORHOOD.. LET THEM STOP AND SEARCH YOU FOR NO REASON, ONLY CAUSE YOU BLACK AND THEY CAN.. LET THEM SHOOT YOUR KID AND PLANT A GUN ON HIM, LET THE COPS SHOOT SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY THEN LIE ABOUT IT..WE NEED MORE CHRIS DORNER’S TO START THIS AGAINST THESE COPS THEN THINGS WILL CHANGE, BECAUSE TALKING ABOUT IT SOLVES NOTHING.

12. ERIC

February 7, 2013 at 4:31 pm

13. John Dixon

February 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm

WOW, THOSE COPS LITTERALLY “GOT A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE” YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! IT WAS HOWEVER WRONG FOR HIME TO HARM OR TAKE OTHER LIVES, HE COULD HAVE HANDLE HIS ISSUES IN COURT INSTEAD! SAD

• willie gibbs jr

February 10, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I THINK HE’S JUSTIFIED TO DO WHATEVER HE THINKS HE NEEDS TO DO, REMEMBER HE TIRED TO BE CIVIL ABT IT YOU SEE WHAT HAPPEN,OH DID ANY OF YOU COMMENTING ON THIS READ HIS MANIFESTO???I HOPE DON’T GET CAUGHT,DON’T GIVE UP SO THEY CAN FILL HIM FULL OF HOLES.

14. Truthbeliever

February 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Dorner is a sociopath and has no regard for anyone who gets in his way. What African American do you know that hasn’t experienced the anguish and hurt that comes as a result of racism? Being pissed off at racists does not give one the right to go on a killing spree. Dorner is mean-spirited and vengeful and doesn’t care who he hurts. If you think he’s justified for his rage, I guess you won’t mind when he knocks on your door.