Man Loses Job After Allegedly Slapping Adopted Black Baby, Calling Him N**ger

n babyBy Darron Smith

A 60-year-old Idaho man, Joe Hundley, accused of racially abusing and physically assaulting a 19-month-old aboard a Minneapolis-to-Atlanta bound flight has lost his executive position with AGC Aerospace and Defense Composites. It is not known whether or not Hundley was fired or resigned, but it is known that the result was directly related to the incident. Al Haase, president and CEO of AGC, issued a statement early Sunday calling the behavior by one of AGC’s employees “offensive and disturbing” and said he “is no longer employed with the company.” Hundley was president of AGC’s Unitech Composites and Structures division.

Hundley allegedly complained that Jonah was too big to sit on his mother’s lap, becoming more outspoken as the flight continued. Jessica Bennett, the child’s adoptive mother said, “she was annoyed with his comments. He’s turning my light back on after I would turn it off and constantly saying things to the staff in regards to my son, and so I took us out of the situation and we stood back by the bathrooms.” When it was time to land, Bennett and her child returned to their seats. Little Jonah began to cry as the pressure from the descent caused pain in his ears. The man demanded that the mother of the crying toddler “shut that n**ger baby up” before subsequently slapping the child in the face on the February 8 Delta flight to Atlanta.

Hundley denied striking the toddler or using a racial epithet, though he did acknowledge that he “asked the mother to quiet the child.” Hundley, who said he was traveling to Atlanta to visit a hospitalized relative, described himself as “distraught” on the flight, during which he said he consumed a single alcoholic beverage. Although it is not known how many drinks Hundley consumed, a*****l has a tendency to make people feel more relaxed or less anxious, and therefore, occasionally more inclined to say and do things they likely will regret. This is, obviously, an extreme scenario and, many will argue, one man’s individual racist actions; however, it should prove to show what many Whites are thinking subconsciously. It is reasonable to think that if this man were not under the influence of a*****l, this scenario would have never happened. But other more subtle scenarios are playing out on unconscious thought, every day, for Blacks in America. More importantly, this story that has captured the attention of the nation should serve as a race lesson for white parents raising black or biracial children and what they must do to prepare themselves and their children for the race-based encounters they will surely face.

17 Responses to Man Loses Job After Allegedly Slapping Adopted Black Baby, Calling Him N**ger

1. ur all such lamos Reply

June 13, 2013 at 4:14 pm

2. ur all such lamos Reply

June 13, 2013 at 4:14 pm

3. ur all such lamos Reply

June 13, 2013 at 4:13 pm

blacks just shoot white babies in strollers.

4. Darillyn Lamb Starr Reply

February 23, 2013 at 3:55 pm

When I saw this, I assumed that there would be comments like, “See! That is why white people shouldn’t adopt black children!” I’ll tell you something about this particular case, which I know, just by the fact that the so-called “father” is 60 years old. In the vast majority of cases, an agency will not place an infant with a 60 year old parent. This was most likely a private adoption, where no one asked this man how he felt about parenting transracially. I would be willing to bet that the man had no desire whatever to adopt a baby, but went along with it because his wife, who was probably much younger, wanted a baby.

If you just added “many” before the word “white” in any comment that white shouldn’t adopt black children, I would wholeheartedly agree. But I can assure you that the vast majority of us who actually do it love and respect our children and take a great deal of pride in them. We not only would not use such language, but would have to refrain ourselves from attacking anyone else who did.

I first became an adoptive mother to a black child nearly 24 years ago, and eventually adopted another black son and a black daughter, who are now 19 and 17. I have always taken my role very seriously and have done my best to understand and appreciate the history, culture and past and present issues regarding African Americans. My children assure me that I’ve been effective. In fact, when my 24 YO son hears that someone has suggested that white parents cannot be effective at raising black children, he doesn’t hesitate to tell them that they are wrong.

I guess there is nothing I can say, here, that will convince anyone, but what I’m really asking is that you not judge me by the color of my skin. Isn’t that what we all want?

5. Cindy Reply

February 22, 2013 at 1:22 am

Thank you, Caparice, for your words. Race didn’t have a single thing to do with it on the part of the mother. I am white and have 3 adopted black children and I LOVE THEM with all my heart. If someone had s*****d one of my kids, they would have probably been waiting with handcuffs for me when the plane landed because I would have knocked the guy’s head off….or at least attempted to. lol. I have many friends who also have adopted transracially, and there isn’t a single one of us who doesn’t love our kids the same as if they came out of our bodies.

6. Burnie Hill Reply

February 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone. It is appointed unto God to forgive whom he will forgive. But it is appointed unto man to forgive all. Those of you that know were the second scripture come’s from should be ashame of yourselves. Those who don’t need to understand that althrough he was wrong for doing what he did,by adding fuel to the fire will only lead to someone else getting h**t,by actions or words.Let us forgive and let’s do something harder then forgive let’s forget, only holding on to just enoth not to let it happen again. I feel sorry for him hurting one of HEAVENLY FATHER CHILDREN IF HE DID DO IT. Let God be the judge.

7. Burnie Hill Reply

February 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm

8. Erika Holmes Reply

February 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Why it should it matter if the adoptive was white? At least she open up her home and heart to give that precious child a chance in life. I too was appalled at the behavior of that so called human being. But now we have to think with our heads and not with our hands. Believe me that so called human being is going his in the courtroom and on judgement day. Peace!!!!

9. Erika Holmes Reply

February 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm

10. Ishmar Muhammad Reply

February 19, 2013 at 9:07 pm

This is how you h**t Racist Woods by Hitting them in the pockets!! Now he can go with some ignorant crackers at the unemployment office lol

11. Derrick Reply

February 19, 2013 at 10:52 am

This is just another cracker female, who adopted a Black baby boy to make him a slave. I have said this over and over, that these caucasoids, who adopt Black babies DO NOT LOVE THEM!!! How can they love OUR children, and HATE us?

She let a cracker male s**p her Black baby, and she didn’t do a da.mn thang PROVES MY POINT ABOUT THESE DEMONIC devils. This honkey female knew better than to attack this faqqit azz redneck because she knew to ‘stay in her place’.

How come these crackers only adopt BLACK MALE BABIES? They seldom adopt Black baby girls. Do they adopt these Black baby boys for s****l pleasure? Just look at the other article where a cracker female had her grown adopted Black son in tights, while looking very feminine!!! WAKE UP FOLKS!

Remember, they did the same da.mn thang to our children during our forced enslavement! They raped them, sodomized them, and effeminized or young males, just like they are doing today.

A Black woman, who was enslaved up until the 1960′s was raped at the age of 5 years young by her enslaver. This faqqit enslaver raped her mother, and told her if she said anythang to her father, he would k**l ALL OF THEM.

I KEEP TELLING Y’ALL; THESE YANKEES AIN’T NOTHING, BUT PEDOPHILES, RAPIST, LIARS, CHEATERS, HEATHENS, HATERS, AND HYPOCRITES, HIDING BEHIND THEIR RELIGION OF XTIANITY!!!

AND, NEGROIDS ARE FOLLOWING THEM!!!

• Derrick Reply

February 19, 2013 at 10:55 am

By the way…where’s the picture of this faqqit? If a Black man did this to a cracker critter, his picture would be ALL over the media!!!

FVCK amerikkka!!!

• Darillyn Lamb Starr Reply

February 23, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Derrick, you have a lot of hatred inside you. I don’t know why, but don’t you think judging an entire race of people by the fact that a few of them do horrible things is screwed up?

I’ll tell you why there are more black baby boys who are adopted than black baby girls. There are more boys placed for adoption among both blacks and whites, here in America. I believe it is because more single mothers can picture themselves raising a girl by themselves than a boy.

I don’t think the adoptions of black baby girls is anywhere near as rare as you think, though. I have two black sons and one black daughter. I was offered the chance to adopt them because no one else the agencies were working with was interested. My one son had all ready been in foster care for a while, when he was free for adoption since he was three days old. I know someone who has adopted five times and gotten little girls every time. They would like to have at least one boy, eventually, but they adore their girls.

My transracially adopted kids (who are grown now) think I have been a loving mother and that the color of my skin hasn’t held them back from being proud of their race. That’s the most important thing, but it would be nice if others would try not to be prejudiced, too.

12. gclarke Reply

February 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm

He was the president of the company plus he had similar issues in the past, oh he got a s**p on the back plus a huge severance/retirement

13. Theressa Wesley Reply

February 18, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I appreciate your attempt to soften the racist sting of this outrageously insensitive incident; but come on folks, there is absolutely no excuse for this kind of evil-spirited behavior–even if he was sloppy DRUNK. Racist people are just going to have to be held accountable for their behavior! We’ve used every excuse in the book to overlook racist behavior–remember the ridiculous lie inherent in “separate, but equal”? Thank God that this foolish man’s employer didn’t buy the a*****l-induced excuse. This man should wear a scarlet badge of evil around his neck for the rest of his life!

14. tnyaa Reply

February 18, 2013 at 1:58 pm

this is why whites should’nt be allowed to adopt black babies. And why blacks should step up to the plate to take care of our own.

• Caparice Paige Reply

February 18, 2013 at 4:03 pm

@Tyna that would have happened if the mother had been black race of the parents have nothing to do with it. Your as ignorant and racist as the man who hit the baby!!! If the baby was Asian would you say that, as ignorant as you are you probably would. . .smdh. . .