Report: Dorner Exchanged Gunfire With LAPD, Currently Surrounded by Police

The Associated Press is reporting that a man believed to be Chris Dorner held a couple hostage in the Big Bear area of California, Image dorner11.jpgexchanged gunfire with police, and later stole the couple’s car in a daring  escape:

The officer told The Associated Press it’s believed Christopher Dorner committed a residential burglary of a cabin and had a couple tied up in the cabin. One was able to get away and make a call.

Authorities responded to the location and gave chase Tuesday when Dorner fled in a stolen car. Gunfire was exchanged.

The area is in the Big Bear region where a search for Dorner has been under way since his pickup truck was found there Thursday.

San Bernardino County sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said a stolen vehicle report from a residence was received at 12:20 p.m.

Christopher Dorner, 33-years old, is being pursued for three killings, which occurred in California.

Monica Quan, one of the victims, was the daughter of a retired LAPD captain who was part of the review process that led to the former officer being dismissed from his job.   Dorner  stated in his manifesto that he was getting revenge on police for their continued racism and brutality.

UPDATE: Two deputies were reportedly injured in the incident. They were airlifted to the hospital.

UPDATE:  Dorner is reportedly “pinned down” by police. LAPD believe Dorner may have access to television.

UPDATE:  One of the two wounded officers involved  in the shootout with Chris has died.

Via CNN:

[Updated at 5:15 p.m. ET] Former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes explains to CNN what law enforcement personnel usually mean when they say someone is “pinned down”:

“The term commonly means he’s not running any more, that they’ve got him trapped in a home or some other physical location … . That means he’s contained; that doesn’t mean he’s in custody … but it means he’s not running loose.”

14 Responses to Report: Dorner Exchanged Gunfire With LAPD, Currently Surrounded by Police

1. Truthbeliever Reply

February 13, 2013 at 10:02 am

For all you folk who “understand his frustration”, I’ll be in constant prayer that you’ll never have to experience what’s Dorner’s victims and their loved ones are feeling. However, if justice is served, you will get yours too.

• JellyBean Reply

February 14, 2013 at 2:30 am

Truthbeliever, I do not need you to pray for me because I understand someone’s frustration and by me understanding his frustration is not a sin, nor is it wrong. I know how to pray for myself as well as others. As a matter of fact I sent up prayers for all involved. I would never do what Dorner did but that does not mean I have not been angered, h**t, or affected by racism. My Faith and Belief in God keeps me grounded. If I want to be understanding and compassionate toward someone who you feel does not deserve it then you need to take your disagreement up with God. My steps are ordered by God and God alone. I am not one of those people who think I’m all that when it comes to spirituality, nor do I look down on others who do not walk as I walk. We all fall down but we get up….With God’s Help because without Him we can do nothing. We all will get what we deserve and if I’m not mistaken, that includes you.

2. Ramona Reply

February 13, 2013 at 8:26 am

I’m having an “OJ during the trail moment”…..

3. chrystal Reply

February 13, 2013 at 3:48 am

Let the bodies his the floor…Chris I wish you could k**l several more…..

4. James W Clark Reply

February 13, 2013 at 1:00 am

To bad this could be any of us, who stand up for our rights.

5. John Reply

February 12, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Everyday I pray that I won’t have to work for the mainstream anymore. They make it impossible for us to thrive!!! I am sick of them!!!

6. John Reply

February 12, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Everyday I pray that I don’t have to work for the mainstream anymore. They make it impossible for us to thrive!!! I am sick of them!!!

7. jimmy Reply

February 12, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Christopher Dorner is a victim of the crooked U.S. system just like many others, including those who were s**t, humiliated and punished at Attica in the 1970s and at many other places of unspeakable human h****r. The U.S. is an evil entity, a big stain on human history.

8. Barbara Reply

February 12, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I guess maybe gun control will get a smile now. This man is doing what was done to him “justice”. Anyone that live in California should read the signs on the wall, don’t think a title can save you from a racist fool. I should know I live in Alabama “top that”.

9. Renee Reply

February 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm

God Bless Christopher Dorner. Rest assure, when this is done he will be d**d. The LAPD will not let this man live to tell more of the truth. No way. They will k**l him. People are fed the f**k up with the racism, the corruption, and the loss of innocent lives to overzealous racist cops who view the murder of black people as some sort of sick sport. As one poster stated above, Dorner was not only tired he REACTED to such injustice done to him. He will not be the last. God bless you Christopher. God bless you.

10. WESLEY BERNARD Reply

February 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm

“You reap what you sow.” These are prophetic words that should be heeded.

Are you white racist “peace officers” now anxiously waiting for the next Black or Hispanic ex-cop or ex-military marksman to “snap” in your town?

Hatred breeds hatred. What goes around comes around. Watch your back.

11. leh Reply

February 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Is he d**d? Haven’t heard it here in the east – He never had a chance once he killed 2 police officers “Things” happen in lockup – what a waste of a seemingly talented and trained man. So sorry!

12. donner frien Reply

February 12, 2013 at 7:34 pm

One deputy has been killed and he is in san bernadino county in big bear mountains. It four miles from me now. The house is totally on fire. He’s d**d. 4 33pm. RIP Chris…no more mental disturbance. God bless the families of his victims.

13. DELORES MAYS Reply

February 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Did anybody consider he knows he is going to die but is saYING I AM NOT GOING ALONE