NFL Athlete Fights Gay Rumors After Being Photographed Carrying a Man

Kerry Rhodes claims he is not gay after being photographed carrying a man that he said is his assistant.

Kerry Rhodes

NFL free agent Kerry Rhodes has released a statement clearing assumptions about his sεxuality after intimate photos (scroll down to view the photos) of he and his former assistant Alton Craig surfaced online. The athlete, who has been in the league since 2005, told TMZ, “Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sεxuality, and I wanted to address the situation. I am not gay.”

Rhodes continued, explaining where the photos were s**t: “The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team,” he said. Although he is not gay, he says he supports athletes in the league who are gay. “I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort.” The photos of the two men were rumored to be from their honeymoon and/or an engagement celebration. Craig is wearing a wedding band in the photos. Rhodes is not. Over the years, Rhodes has been rumored to be in relationships with high profile women, including Aubrey O’Day.

Rhodes and Craig

Rhodes and Craig

The discussion of homosεxuality in football comes after ex-Baltimore Ravens and gay rights supporter Brendon Ayanbadejo announced that four NFL players are considering outing their sεxuality soon. “We’re in talks with a handful of players who are considering it. There are up to four players being talked to right now, and they’re trying to be organized so they can come out on the same day together. It would make a major splash and take the pressure off one guy. It would be a monumental day if a handful or a few guys come out,” Ayanbadejo said.

Do you believe athletes should out their sεxuality? Why or why not?

44 Responses to NFL Athlete Fights Gay Rumors After Being Photographed Carrying a Man

1. jaime Reply

April 16, 2013 at 12:01 am

You are gay! Stop lying already!!!

2. Elizabeth Reply

April 14, 2013 at 8:18 pm

African-American males always the fool. Jail, other men, white females, etc. etc. etc.

• Kevin Reply

April 18, 2013 at 9:50 am

Elizabeth, don’t put all “African-American” men in that cesspool! I don’t appreciate the generalization…just let me know if you need some examples of great “African-American” men outside of myself.

• Monet Reply

April 24, 2013 at 9:01 am

You’re are stupid b***h that would never be so bold to say it to any black persons face!

• Monet Reply

April 24, 2013 at 9:05 am

Elizabeth….You’re a stupid b***h that would never be so bold to say it to any black persons face!

3. Sylvia M. Reply

April 14, 2013 at 12:51 pm

So what? Stop killing folks because you don’t want people to know you are gay. It’s 2013 and its accepted to be gay. You like men? Cool. Do you. But don’t try to bed my innocent daughters with your lying self.

4. Cher Reply

April 14, 2013 at 5:12 am

I have a question; Why is it when men show some type of display of affection towards one another in America it’s always deemed as “being gay?” I mean really, there are plenty of cultures that men show affection without the connotation of them being gay. Ex. In parts of Africa there are men who kiss each other on the mouths as a show of affection but THEY AREN’T GAY! This stereotyping B.S. about what is and/or isn’t gay has gotten RIDICULOUS! The Wayne Brothers are another example, they hug and kiss each other and explain they do it on purpose because they want to show that it’s ok to express ur love for another man without it being deemed “unmanly” and/or “gay.” The pics look like friends just hanging out and being silly to me. I see this all the time with my male students and all of them aren’t homosexuals either. Jeesh, people get a life and stop worrying about what other people are doing and whether or not they got themselves right with God. Worry About U!!!! Scripture says; BEFORE you attempt to remove the saw dust from an others eye, make sure U remove the BOARD from ur own! In other words worry about getting ur self right before stepping up into someone else’s business and attempting to tell them what’s right and/or correct their behavior!

5. Late Night Mike Reply

April 12, 2013 at 5:03 pm

It’s these under cover brothers F-ing everything up. You have to keep it real. You can’t hide who you are. If he were on the Jets and he took us to the Superbowl, I would cheer the h**l out for him, gay or not. Anyone can be a roll model, but you must be honest first! Chose to be great, fear no man!

• Jason4life Reply

July 26, 2013 at 1:52 am

For all of you who have a problem with undercover men and women alike, you all need to put yourself in others shoes before you judge or just not judge at all. I am a proud straight man married of 10yrs but none of that matter. Myself and my wife’s best friend was killed because of him being out of the closet. It is not ok in some states for a guy to be who he is born to be. I loved him dearly and my entire family kids and all miss him very much. I agreed to walk him down the isle because his father would have nothing to do with him, but he never got the chance to fulfull his dream. The cowards that took his life will have to face judgement. It took five guys to b**t the heaven(I don’t say h**l) out of one for no reason at all. The police would not even list it as a hate crime because he was a homosexual so its his fault they say. There is a place to be bold and fearless and I applaud any person who find the courage to love the person in their life unconditionally even if the world finds out. I truly hope that people live and let others live.

6. Janice Reply

April 12, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Are Real Men a dying breed? Will we become a Sodom & Gomorrah society? Here are JMR’s stats for the year 2025 30% of men are gay 50% incarcerated and 10% are d**d….What will you supporters say then? If pedophilia was legal how many men would become pedophiles? If murder was legal how many killing would there be? All you Supporters do you really know what you’re supporting? Think about it.

7. leslie Reply

April 12, 2013 at 4:51 pm

If he Aint Gay, he d**n sure look like it! LOL!

8. TT_CA Reply

April 12, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Mister you are gay, homosexual,what ever it’s called. I suggest you stop fighting it and keep it real 100!
    I prefer you let me know your gay or bisexual so that its my choice to have s*x with a gay or bisexual or not..
    By being gay or bisexual and not teling me is wrong of you.

9. Harold Reply

April 12, 2013 at 3:06 pm

If they choose to come out, they should be ready for the repercussions–like fights.

10. Harold Reply

April 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I think it is in the best interest that atheletes keep their sexuality to themselves due the intimate nature of the locker room. Would you really feel comfortable undressing in front of a member of the same s*x that may fine you attractive in an erotic way?

• Ken Reply

April 12, 2013 at 2:16 pm

If players want to “out” themselves, then that’s their prerogative. But it should be their decision. Not based upon outside pressure. Regarding those pics of Rhodes, he says he’s not gay. I’d take him at his word. He clearly wasn’t ashamed to have those pics taken. And if he is gay, so what?

• Jason4life Reply

July 26, 2013 at 2:08 am

Bruh,

If you are a straight man then it would not bother you if someone else is looking at you. So what, be glad that someone finds you attractive. The only men that get upset when a guy finds them attractive are the one that struggle with their own sexuality. If you comfortable in your sexuality you wouldnt have a care in the world. I played football and basketball an not one time did myself or my friends care about nudity. I think my son is going to be a streaker because he is always taking off of diaper and running through the house.

11. Olivia Reply

April 12, 2013 at 1:39 pm

he’s gay

12. Johnnie Newkirk Jr Reply

April 12, 2013 at 1:35 pm

They should come out when they feel it’s what they are ready and willing to do. However, the picture are suspect. But let’s give him the benefit of the doubt!

13. Codrington C. Dapp Reply

April 12, 2013 at 1:28 pm

C’mon man, admit it–you like mens’ booties…

14. Salahananse Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Who cares! The ONLY people who are worried about this are people who have questions about their own sexuality. TRUE heterosexuals know that no amount of influence will alter their sexuality.

It’s sad how hypersensitive the Black community has become to this. I’ve been to Africa & sen men holding hands in public. They weren’t gay. We’ve lost our sense of self as a community.

15. Elaine Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Pics do not look gay to me, although his assistant does.
    The pics just look playful to me.

16. Bully Breed Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Look very suspect to me too and plus your assistant looks VERY feminine…

17. Butch Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Too late Kerry…the pics don’t lie!

18. Denise Reply

April 12, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I don’t think its a great idea for them to come out/cause every time one get tackle or tackle another…viewer will be watching for intimate closeness. I don’t want to know, cause it will take the excitement out of football. Football is supposed to be a physical manly sport. I ALWAYS wonder does other men find their mates attractive in those tights??….just saying…

19. J.D. Hill Reply

April 12, 2013 at 11:58 am

Kerry Rhodes was prudent to make a public statement that he is not gay. Notwithstanding, he may as well be, if he approves of same-s*x relationships for others.
    Take a read of Romans 1:18-32 and I Corinthians 6:9-11. Homosexuality is a sin, according to the Word of God. And if God says that it a sin and I approve of it, what am I saying to God?
    I know that many do not believe in God or that the rightly divided Word is relevant and applicable to them. That’s their right! But for those of us who do believe, we must live by God’s principles or we are, by default, living by another’s.

• im just saying Reply

April 12, 2013 at 1:01 pm

He said he supports not approves. That’s a big difference. I also believe in Trinity and what the Bible says is true.

• DELORES MAYS Reply

April 12, 2013 at 3:03 pm

True we say one thing and do another Christ is the one i want satisfied with me and rest who don’t care what He thinks or don’t believe inHim can keep right on marching into h**l.Wether you believe inHim or not going to change the fact that He is real and you seem to be the fake because you will buy anything being sold to you .If you put a puzzle together the pieces fit or the puzzle is not rightly putb together.MENS organs or fit for a woman’s organs and these things men are using on each other do not fit where they should so common tells you this is wrong.How is the population to carry on with this mess?

• coast cooker Reply

April 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm

@ J.D. Hill. How do you know that god is not a homosexual? he spent a lot of time on the mountain with Moses. How many women did god have since you know so much about the fable written bible?

20. Buckwheat Reply

April 12, 2013 at 11:41 am

In this case this lad is gay and doesn’t know it!!!!