Co-Star on “That’s So Raven”: “I have Cancer. Please Pray for Me.”

weoppoewopdsKyle Massey is a 21-year old actor who is best-known for co-starring with Raven Symone in the hit TV show, “That’s So Raven.”  This week, Massey announced on his Facebook fan page that he has cancer.

“Not doing good. Just found out I have cancer. Please pray for me,” he said.

Massey didn’t reveal the nature of his health challenges and we have not spoken with him, but Raven Symone shared the message on her page, asking people to pray for her good friend.

Originally from Atlanta, Kyle is a jack of all trades:  He sing, dances, acts, rap, does comedy and even does magic.   In addition to being a huge part of the show, “That’s So Raven,” he also had a spin-off “Cory in the House,” where he played the main character, Cory Baxter.

He has actually released rap songs for Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records.  He was also the runner-up in the 11th season of “Dancing with the Stars.”

We at Your Black World wish Mr. Massey the best and pray for a speedy recovery.   He has done a great deal with his life and we are proud of him.

80 Responses to Co-Star on “That’s So Raven”: “I have Cancer. Please Pray for Me.”

1. Devenir Trader Bourse Reply

April 7, 2014 at 8:14 am

Beaucoup trop court, merci beaucoup pour ce plaisir passe sur votre page.

2. Genia Renee Desmuke Reply

September 20, 2013 at 2:19 am

I`m Going To Keep Kyle, Blessings God Bless You!!!

3. Tawanda Hudson Reply

September 19, 2013 at 11:32 am

This is not true information.

4. sheila Reply

September 19, 2013 at 8:45 am

God cover kyle in the b***d remove the sicknesses in his body Amen

5. Sorcha Reply

August 4, 2013 at 11:02 am

Scrolling through my home page on facebook and it shows a picture of Kyle Massey before and after and someone commented he has Cancer. I looked this up straight away and couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Of course I’ll pray for you Kyle, it’s terrible seeing anyone with Cancer let alone someone as young as you :(

6. Ashlyn Reply

July 28, 2013 at 2:44 pm

This is a lie! Look it up on snopes.

7. Sidni Goodman Reply

July 27, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Omg I will definitely pray for you Kyle omg wow. I grew up watching u and Raven on That’s so Raven this is tragic for me God bless u Kyle!

8. Dusty Welch Reply

July 25, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I dont know who to believe so:
    If this is true…God Bless and I pray for you.
    IF this is fake… Whoever come up with that is cruel and sick. Cancer is not something to joke abt.

9. Lilly Reply

July 20, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Kyle Massey Im Sorry For Calling u corey lol But Your In My Prayes during these diffcult times God Bless This Young Man With No Caners Lord help him and bless him and his family… Stand Strong and Fight Fight Fight & rember God Does Make Way For You With Love and Blessings : Lilly

10. Lilly Reply

July 20, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Please Get Well Soon Corey

11. Emily Reply

July 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm

God Bless get well soon <3

12. Daniella Reply

July 14, 2013 at 11:27 pm

HE SAID THIS IS NOT TRUE, IT WAS JUST ANOTHER f*****g RUMOUR.

• Emily Reply

July 15, 2013 at 2:14 pm

don’t talk like this right now he needs everyones praers to get better let us just gather and pray for this poor man to get better god bless <3

13. Dylan Reply

July 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Idiots. All Of you. He said himself “I AM NOT DYING OF CANCER.

14. Melissa Cusano Reply

July 14, 2013 at 11:59 am

What a horrible day… Zimmerman’s trial, Cory monteith passed away, and now Kyle, my childhood favorite, has cancer.. why does horrible stuff happen to good people. I will be praying for you as well as anyone else who has passed, is sick, or anything else bad is happening in there life, :( so sad…

15. Chloe Williams Reply

July 14, 2013 at 11:53 am

Today is the worst day in history Kyle Massey has cancer and Cory monteith’s d***h :( I pray Kyle can fight this don’t think I can handle another d***h

16. David Reply

July 14, 2013 at 4:01 am

Hope the guy beats it,but prayer aint gonna do sheeeit!

• Grace Reply

July 14, 2013 at 5:21 am

When there really isn’t anything you can do for someone. All you can really do is pray and support that person. You may think that praying won’t do anything (and it’s possible), but it’s a h**l of a lot better than nothing. We’re not doctors, we can’t cure him. All we can do is support and pray for him to get better.

17. kay Reply

July 14, 2013 at 3:50 am

Forget the arguing. I will pray for you Kyle. God is an awesome God he wouldn’t give you anything you can’t handle. You can make it. <3

18. Anthony B. Pue Reply

June 3, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Why Cancer seems to hit your love ones and nicest people’s, Kyle Massey is very nice guy who makes me proud to be Black, get well Kyle and God bless.

• Emily Reply

July 15, 2013 at 2:16 pm

preach man <3

19. Terry j Reply

June 3, 2013 at 1:47 am

My heart aches loudly 4 u, but my prayers r louder.

20. Max-A-Million Reply

June 3, 2013 at 1:21 am

“Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” (Matthew 18:19)

Kyle from these comments there are many people in agreement and we wish God’s ULTIMATE healing for your mind, body and spirit. Be Encouraged and God Bless!

21. Pat Reply

June 2, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Don’t claim that cancer, give it right back to Satan; and tell him you belong to GOD….! Bless you, keep praying & never stop!

22. corbin56 Reply

June 2, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I am in agreement with Angelo on FB^. Prayer is not going to change a thing. Mr. Massey needs to prepare himself for “whatever”.

• Karen Draper Reply

June 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Not necessarily! It has not been mentioned how far the Cancer has developed. We can still hope for the best.

• ashley Reply

July 14, 2013 at 3:44 am

No stage of cancer is too difficult for the Lord to heal. idk what he wills for Masseys case, but i know if he wills him to be better, he will be better. no matter how far along his cancer might be.

23. jaygee Reply

June 1, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Yes young man, we are praying for you and with you..keep looking to the Lord!

24. Contessa gamble Reply

June 1, 2013 at 9:54 pm

God is with u sweetie so hope u will get better soon.

25. Mary Stubblefield Reply

June 1, 2013 at 9:41 pm

God is a healer, will pray that He gives U strength & courage during this test stay strong & prayed up… God Bless U & Ur family…

26. Crystal Humphrey Reply

June 1, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I will pray that you may God countinue to bless you.

• buc Reply

June 5, 2013 at 1:21 am

Praying for a speedy recovery of Corey…

• buc Reply

June 5, 2013 at 1:25 am

Praying for a speedy recovery of you Kyle…God Speed.

27. votie Reply

June 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Gerson Therapy will cure you.

28. Surina Williams Reply

June 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Praying that God will heal you as you go through this trying time. This is just a light thing to the Lord…Without a test there will be no testimony. Keep believing in God and trust him as a healer and and a deliver. Jesus was wounded for our transgressions and he was bruised for our iniquities and the chastisement of our peace was upon him and by his stripes we are healed. Speak the word of God over your life no matter what the Dr. say or no matter what it looks like stand on the promises of God and he will bring you through. Let him get the glory your of your life. We will keep you before the Lord God. Love you.

29. valerie carr Reply

June 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm

sending my prayer to

30. julia francois Reply

June 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I don’t know if he is ill or not. Some posts do sincerly dispute this internet information. But AMBER and HENRI…your IGNORENCE must surely be BLISS. SMDH

31. BizG Reply

June 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

Don’t believe he has cancer MORE than I believe “someone” is after his funds!!!!! Wonder what symptoms he’s had? You know people need to eat right and let go of the pork, beef , and processed foods!!! Hope he gets better whatever the case.

32. J.D. Hill Reply

June 1, 2013 at 10:45 am

Cancer does not have to be a d***h sentence. Like all other diseases, it should be fought with all modalities available. Naturopathic medicine is a great weapon against cancer.

Find a medically trained and licensed naturopathic doctor (an N.D.) through the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, to complement conventional treatments. N.D.’s are the experts in natural therapeutics.

And while we are on the subject of natural remedies, please research ASTAXANTHIN for cancer prevention. Also, check out doctormurray.com as well as the University of Maryland School of Medicine for their research and findings on natural remedies for illnesses, including cancer.

33. Darryl Reply

June 1, 2013 at 9:35 am

God bless you in your fight against cancer, you’ll forever be in my prayers.

34. jasmine Flowers Reply

May 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!
    KYLE IS FINE!!!
    THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!
    KYLE IS FINE!!!

35. jasmine Flowers Reply

May 31, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I am a close family friend of the MASSEY FAMILY and I know for a fact that
    THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!
    It is a CRUEL CRUEL HOAX!!!!!!
    It is NOT FUNNY and is SO INSENSITIVE!!!!
    KYLE IS FINE!

36. betty. hackett Reply

May 31, 2013 at 6:59 pm

As the song by Tye Tribbett says he is the same God as he was back then.I have found that to be true about 2 wks. ago. My daughter was diagnosed with brain tumors in 08. I kept prayin and trustin God for her healing a team of neurologists at one of the best hospitals couldn’t find one tumor on her brain.Trust God and continue to pray and I will pray with you and for you. You are such a talented young man. God can and will do it.

37. Michelle Williams Reply

May 31, 2013 at 5:02 pm

In Jesus name I pray for you to almighty father. God please comfort this young man whom cancer has enter his life . Dismiss this awful disease my lord. Surround this young man with friends and love ones for support. Thank you Jesus Christ “my lord’ Amen

38. Ricco Wil Reply

May 31, 2013 at 4:25 pm

i am going to pray for you and your family. PLEASE DONT TAKE CHEMO since it will worse.. CHEMO is not WORK.. Just take other like other people posted here.. Maybe you can concern Gravolia as combine with other that can killing 10,000 times Cancer cells powerful.

39. mary a. olawale-white Reply

May 31, 2013 at 4:06 pm

i just said a prayer for you and will continue to pray for you and ur familY! gods’ got you!

40. Anon Reply

May 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Consider the holistic route instead of chemo – like intravenous calcium treatment.

Praying for you…

41. porchia Reply

May 31, 2013 at 2:51 pm

With so much talent you have devil gone attack. Have faith in God because he got ya back.. Be bLessed, Lyrikaall Poet

42. Doris Reply

May 31, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I will pray for Kyle and his family. Get well and pray a lot.

43. Donna Byrd Reply

May 31, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I pray for your quick recovery. Yes God can heal you from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head. Just believe and stay in the word. You are a brilliant young man. Peace and blessings to you.

44. rosemary davis Reply

May 31, 2013 at 2:33 pm

What ever form of Cancer that Kyle has my hope is that they have caught it in time.Cancer is bad at any age but particular for young people who have a hard time with the treatments that are often required to rid the body of many Cancer cells as possible and in deed prayer work

45. sandra green Reply

May 31, 2013 at 2:12 pm

may our Lord and savior heal you in the name of Jesus praying for a speedy recovery

46. john dixon Reply

May 31, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Get well soon my friend! You have many positive blessings to offer us. Bless!

47. Butch Reply

May 31, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Call on JEHOVAH GOD Psalms 83:18 he never forsakes u!!!

48. bishop George Clark Reply

May 31, 2013 at 1:10 pm

May The God Of Peace Be With You In Time’s Like This All I Want You To do is Believe In The Name Of Jesus From Your Heart And You Will Be Healed To Day

49. Amber Reply

May 31, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Now that he sick he wants payer ill pray too but That’s what happens when you join the Jr illuminati aka Disney

• Wilma Reply

May 31, 2013 at 1:34 pm

You must not know the Lord yourself. What a nasty thing to say. He’s sick…pray for him. If all you had to say was something nasty, you should have kept it to yourself…

• Henrie Reply

May 31, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Dang..him too??? I would have thought that he would have been smarter.

• Ronald Reply

May 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Amber, Shame on you. You must have a hole in your soul to be so heartless. I’m not sure your prayer would be very helpful nor to whom you are praying.

• So dumb! Reply

June 1, 2013 at 4:24 pm

@Amber When the heck did Disney become the junior illuminati? Are you crazy? Stop being so jealous of him. I’m sure at this point no one wants your prayers. For Pete’s sake, you can’t even spell or form a sentence using punctuation. Get over yourself and stop being so hateful. You are loved by the Almighty One too.

50. TORANNA ALBERT Reply

May 31, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I will keep you in my prayers, just know that God has the Final say.. Not man. <3

51. Raisa Reply

May 31, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Keep you in my prayers

52. Vetta Rhone Reply

May 31, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Praying for you Kyle…..God’s got you…..healing and blessings are coming your way.

53. Sherry Reply

May 31, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I will be praying for you!!! He will never give you more then you can bear.

54. Chriscilla Johnson Reply

May 31, 2013 at 11:57 am

ISAIAH 53:5 BE BLESS MY BROTHER

• Sing Reply

May 31, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Amen, Amen, Amen! The Lord Jesus Christ is so good, every time we allow Him. Through Faith, ALL THINGS are possible.

55. Willie Deckard Reply

May 31, 2013 at 11:39 am

I’ll truly be PRAYN for u my brother in Christ!!

56. Tiffany Reply

May 31, 2013 at 11:36 am

Praying for your health!

57. Jacqueline Saul Reply

May 31, 2013 at 11:23 am

I speak life into you and the b***d of Jesus cover you,Jesus died for all kind of sickness& disease!!! So trust Him for your healing,You will have & share this testimony in Jesus Name & you will LIVE & not die & declare the works of the Lord !!!!!!

58. cheche Reply

May 31, 2013 at 11:08 am

Lord please uplift this young man in prayer

59. jannina Reply

May 31, 2013 at 10:59 am

I hope you get well im prayin for u

60. Latoysha Buckley Reply

May 31, 2013 at 10:36 am

Praying for you!

61. phyllis riley Reply

May 31, 2013 at 10:19 am

I am so sorry to hear that you are under the weather I pray that god will watch over you.I know with this disease it can be up and down My prayer are with the young man.

62. JEANNETTE TINNELLE Reply

May 31, 2013 at 10:14 am

By the b***d of Jesus I pray that your cancer is healed. God Bless you young man.

63. Kel Reply

May 31, 2013 at 10:08 am

Mr. Angelo, there is power in the name of Jesus. It’s by his stripes that you are healed.

64. Mrs. Ridge Reply

May 31, 2013 at 10:06 am

PRAYERS GOING UP.

65. vanessa davis Reply

May 31, 2013 at 9:59 am

You are in my prayers…May the Lord bless you and keep you…Numbers 6:24…

66. Halle Reply

May 31, 2013 at 9:54 am

Yeah i rmemba this youngsta…..will pray 4u. God bless u- SouthAfrica

67. MsLaShelle Jones Reply

May 31, 2013 at 9:41 am

Thoughts & prayers are with you during this difficult time. Stay strong & remember God will make a way..

68. Beverly Riley Reply

May 31, 2013 at 9:33 am

Prayer changes things, and I will keep you in my prayers.