Rapper from the Group Kris Kross Found d**d

kriss-kross1Chris Kelly, a member of the rap group, Kris Cross, has been found d**d in Atlanta.  An investigator found the 34-year old today, and he was pronounced d**d at 5 pm at the Atlanta Medical Center.

Police don’t know Kelly’s cause of d***h as of yet, but they are conducting an investigation and an autopsy.   Kelly was the “Mac Daddy” in the famous “Jump” video that etched the group’s name into hip-hop history.  They were known for wearing their clothes backward in their performances, creating a trend that was replicated world-wide.

Kelly performed along with Chris Smith, aka Daddy Mac and their biggest album was released in 1992, “Totally Krossed Out.”

The duo also sang the “Rugrats Rap” for Nickolodeon and were discovered by Jermaine Dupri at an Atlanta shopping mall.  They signed with Dupri and Ruffhouse Records to record their first album.   “Totally Krossed Out” was entirely produced by Dupri, selling four million copes in the US.  Their top single, “Jump,” was number one on the Billboard charts for eight weeks straight.

38 Responses to Rapper from the Group Kris Kross Found d**d

1. Toby Reply

July 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm

F.Y.I. He’s been sick his whole life. Has anyone even thought about that ? Please get off the negative. R.I.P. Chris.

2. reesie Reply

June 30, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Rip…for whatever reason he pass on from, he was still human. We are not perfect… only God can judge …love u ,u will never be forgotten!!!

3. tay Reply

May 4, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Wow gone to soon rest in R.I.P. chris Kelly

4. mitch Reply

May 3, 2013 at 11:41 pm

R.I.P

• Markeanna Cook Reply

May 4, 2013 at 11:16 am

I remember during science class a day after our test we watched the video of jump jump. If he probably died of a heart attack then that can actually happen to a person that young like. I’m pretty sure he was living a healthy life, it just depends on the type if energy drink he might of had. Just saying. Rip Chris Kelly :(

5. Steven Winslow Reply

May 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Sad. Usually when they say an “apparent” drug overdose it’s because he was found d**d with a lot of drug use evidence around him. Too bad. Having such fame and fortune at a young age really makes the person susceptible to abusing drugs and your own body. Will anyone learn from this sad situation? Will anyone change their ways? Probably not. Soon he will be forgotten.

6. fay Reply

May 2, 2013 at 11:27 am

Until the official cause of d***h has been known, ppl shouldn’t assume it was an overdose due to drugs. RIP Kris!!

7. Codrington C. Dapp Reply

May 2, 2013 at 10:05 am

Far too many black people die due to drug abuse, violence, etc. We as a people could really use some therapy—there far too many issues affecting black folks to ignore…

8. Cougar Reply

May 2, 2013 at 8:02 am

I am so shocked at this news of a young man losing life at such a young age.
    My heart felt blessings go out to all his family and friends and all who knew him.
    Wonderful powerful voice for such a little guy.
    Now rests with our heavenly father

9. Monet Harris Reply

May 2, 2013 at 7:55 am

RIP never forgotten! No matter the cause or reason of your d***h, as long as you found your Father you will rejoice in Paradise!

10. Ra Nu Reply

May 2, 2013 at 6:54 am

Dana, have you ever seen a site that boasted white pride? If you have seen the content on they post on their websites, then you’d clearly know why people call it racist. White pride should have nothing to do with destroying black people.

11. Bey Reply

May 2, 2013 at 4:45 am

Dana,Dana,Dana you po thang! It is very obvious that you have not a clue. As this area was created to comment on current topics, and everyone’s opinion should be respected, and, everyone has one. However, I have two.(1) Regardless, if you are an individual that can appreciate the contributions that this young man have made to the music industry or not, the very least that you can offer is a little respect. I’m not a fan of Bobby D. AKA “Hee-Haw Bob!”, who was probably his OWN GRANDPA…but, I am certain that he left loved ones behind that deserves respect and condolences in honor of his life. (2) BTW, surfed but didn’t find a “Your White World” site, buuutttt! I did there is a ” Your Stupid, Ignorant and Clueless D.A.B. World”, swing over there and check it out, you should feel very welcomed there.

12. DEBRA CESAIRE Reply

May 2, 2013 at 4:23 am

FATHER GOD GIVE THE FAMILY STRENGTH AT THIS TIME. CHRIS SIP.

13. Hazel Sosa Reply

May 2, 2013 at 3:35 am

MAY HE REST IN PEACE I GREW UP ON HIS MUSIC AS WELL AND I STILL LISTEN TO IT TODAY THEY DONT MAKE MUSIC LIKE THIS ANYMORE MAY HIS FAMILY BE STRONG AND AT PEACE

14. Hazel Sosa Reply

May 2, 2013 at 3:31 am

I GREW UP TO THEIR MUSIC AS WELL AND STILL IS A BIG FAN MY CONDOLENCE TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS WE NEED MORE POSTIVE MUSIC IN OUR LIVES THE NEGATIVITY ARE KILLING OUR YOUTHS MAY HIS SOUL R.I.P AND MAY HIS FAMILY,FRIENDS,AND FAN HAVE PEACE ALL OUR GOOD PPL ARE GOING WAY TOO SOON

15. tricey Reply

May 2, 2013 at 2:25 am

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad i loved them xx

16. Dana Reply

May 2, 2013 at 12:59 am

Shocking -a once ten-year-old who made a ton of money by acting like a thug is found d**d twenty years later.

Also, why is it supposedly not racist for there to be a “Your Black Wold” web site but it would absolutely be considered racist were there a “Your White World” web site??? Incidentally, for those of you who are about to www dot Your White Wolrd, there is no such site.

• EJ Reply

May 2, 2013 at 1:21 am

Instead of sending your condolences.. you express ignorance! baggy clothing and hip hop swag… doesn’t make you a thug… Get to know a person on a personal level before you judge.. You look at photos and you read articles… and you think you know someone.. seek peace in your heart… find forgiveness for whoever.. become a better u

• Rheeva Fluker Reply

May 2, 2013 at 2:04 am

I agree EJ. In reference to the negative comment, if my memory serves me correctly, the young man had an illness at an early age. Isn’t it possible that his cause of d***h could be from his complications? Instead of being so quick to judge, wait until you have all the facts or better yet refrain from commenting on threads that you disagree with. If you don’t like the site, why are you here? For those of us that have fond memories of this duo, their trends, and music, this is a sad moment and time for remembrance and reflection. There are multiple pages that will welcome your lack of information, racial bias, and what seems to be prejudice. This is why we as a people will consistently take five steps back for every one positive step forward. I don’t comment on threads, but I was taken aback at the first comment that greeted me as I came to pay my respects of sorts. I know my comments won’t do any good because ignorance, hatred, and fear existed before I was born and will continue after I am long gone. I am ashamed for you, though I know you feel you have no reason to be.

• N.A.Crawford Reply

May 2, 2013 at 6:24 am

How do you know if he was a thug? and how dare you use this forum when a man has just passed to put down your racial concerns? and how do you know what the man passed from to begin with when the media hasn’t made that determination? And why is there not a yourwhiteworld? well, Lord knows you got darn near every outlet in the world, surely you can do yourself a favor and do that instead of getting mad at us for having such a forum and get off here?

• Sierra Reply

May 2, 2013 at 7:58 am

My thoughts exactly.

17. Dawn Reply

May 2, 2013 at 12:52 am

Im saddened this was a kind free hearted man that loved to have a good time knowledgable about how to be a successful artist god has called yet another angel home.may you haveeternal peace friend

18. Blossom Reply

May 2, 2013 at 12:48 am

Gone too soon….rest in paradise

19. DeepEntity Reply

May 2, 2013 at 12:36 am

Wow! He really died at a young age. I hope he wasn’t sippin on that syrup! What’s wrong with our Black People check’n out so fast? We either over indulging in a toxic high or not taking care of our health. Chris Kelly was the one with the hair loss and was rumored to have cancer. Rest IN Paradise you brother.

• Renee Reply

May 2, 2013 at 6:44 am

Until a complete autopsy is done, lets withhold assumptions of what took his life. Ever heard of natural causes? Not every single black person dies from a drug overdose. As for cancer, depending on the stage it is in and the person’s body reaction to treatment no one knows whether an individual will completely recover from it or succumb to the disease. My suggestion Deep Entity, start thinking deep and not just scratch the surface.

• DeepEntity Reply

May 3, 2013 at 4:25 am

Renee sweetheart it’s quite obvious why a 34yr old youthful Black Entertainer that performed at a So So Def anniversary would Die so soon. There’s three things it could be and those are Drug overdose, AIDS, or Cancer. You can rule out the natural cause of d***h and Cancer because it’s a slow process. But with Michael, Whitney and a host of other Entertainers losing their lives to Drugs and answer is simple and elementary.

• ANXIOUS TO KNOW BLACK AMERICAN! Reply

May 10, 2013 at 1:40 am

DEEPENTITY! When any of them get to this point where they can be a positive force in effecting positive change IN OUR RACE AND CHOOSE DRUGS I personally feel dying was the only positive thing they ever did! Whitney Houston and now her dumbass drug addict daughter wil follow suit very soon believe me! I hope others like them who are nothing but walking cancers all go soon! If I saw any of them and a bear in a fight I would help the bear!

• ANXIOUS TO KNOW BLACK AMERICAN! Reply

May 10, 2013 at 1:46 am

IT IS A d**n SHAME ON OUR RACE TO SEE SO d**n MANY OF YOU BLACK a*s FOOLS EXPRESSING SUPPORT, SYMPATHY AND OTHER POSITIVER THINGS TO THIS IDIOT, WHITNEY HOUSTON, HER DAUGHTER SOON TO FOLLOW AND OTHERS LIKE MTHEM I HOPE; WHEN NONE OF YOU ARE CRYING OUT AGAINST ALL THIS BLACK ON BLACK CRIME! SOME OF YOU SAME HOOD RSATS WERE PROBABLY SOME OF THOSE CRITICS ABOUT GABRIELL’S HAIR DURING THE OLYMPICS AS OPPOSED TO SUPPORTING AND BEING HAPPY FOR HER! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU HBLACK FOOLS? SPEND YOUR, TIME, EFFORTS, MONEY AND OTHER RESOURCES TRYING TO TURN US AROUND! READINF ALLL THIS c**p JUST MAKE ME WISH MORE OF YOU WERE DECEASED!

20. tina pagent Reply

May 1, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Ily chris

21. CAROL Reply

May 1, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOU LOST MY PRAYS GO OUT TO CHRIS FAMILY REST IN GOD’S LOVING ARMS

• ANXIOUS TO KNOW BLACK AMERICAN! Reply

May 10, 2013 at 2:03 am

YOU ALL ARE LESS THAN HYPOCRITES! WHEN OUR YOUNG, GIFTED AND BLACK MEN AND WOMEN ARE BEING GUNNED DOWN AS OTHER HOOD RATS TERRORIZE OUR NEIGHBORHOODS WHY IS IT NONE OF YOUR IGNORANT a***s CRIED OUT FOR THEM! ARE YOU ALL TOO d**n DUMB TO SEE THIS IS WHY THE BODY POLITICS WANT TO c*t YOUR IGNORANT BLACK a***s OUT OF SOCIETY LIKE RABID ANIMALS? HYOU ALL WHO ASPIRE TO AND EXPRESS SYMPATHY AND CONDOLENCES TO THE LIKES OF THESE YOU ALL ARE NEXT AND GOOD RIDANCE!

IF THERE BE ANY ONE DOUBTING WHAT I SAY JUST PROVE ME WRONG! PLEASE! I am currently writing a book titled: Africans/Black Americans-Their Own Worst Enemy! PLEASE TRY TO PROVE ME WRONG BLACK FOOLS!

22. Tia Reply

May 1, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Heart goes out to family and will always be remembered

• ANXIOUS TO KNOW BLACK AMERICAN! Reply

May 10, 2013 at 1:56 am

TIA! Won’t or can’t you and others of your ilk remember the positive things and our people who did so much and even died to make it possible for PIECES OF DOG c**p LIKE HIM, WHITNEY HPOSTON AND ALL TOO MANY OTHERS LIKE THEM TO RISE TO SUCH LOFTY HEIGHTS WORLD WIDE, FINAMNCIALLY ONLY TO SUCUMB TO THE USE OF DRUGS! Are there any of you a******s who remember the deeds and deaths of Dr. Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Dr. Charles Drew, Viola Lieuzzo, Emmett Till and countless others of various races who died to help our struggle! WHEERE WERE YOU DUMB BAS..R.Ds when that piece of s**t Lil Wayne desecrated the legacy of Emmett Till? IT IS SO SAD TO SEE SO MANY OF YOU HAVE NO CLUE AT ALL OF WHERE YOUR PRIORITIES SHOULD! WHEN THIS LIL WAYNE PIECE OF s**t BITES THE DUST I GUESS YOU ALL, WILL RAISE YOUR IGNORANT BLACK HEADS AGAIN!

23. Jose' Woullard Reply

May 1, 2013 at 10:52 pm

R.I.P. Lil homie “KrisKros” fan for life.

24. keshi bartie Reply

May 1, 2013 at 10:52 pm

aw man.

25. samori Reply

May 1, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Wow!!!!! That is crazy, we are same age and I remember when they first came out, I was a major fan, JUMPIN …R.I.P. brotha

26. AKIZIA CHAZE Reply

May 1, 2013 at 10:32 pm

.R.I.P. KROSS I GREW UP LISTENIN TO THEM AS A KID AWW SO SAD TO HEAR HE WILL B MISSED N NEVA FORGOTTON!!!!

27. trina ross Reply