Shabazz Family Issues Official Statement on the d***h of Malcolm X’s Grandson

shabazz222

Your Black World has just received the official statement on the d***h of Malcolm Shabazz.  Terrie M. Williams, a family friend and representative, sent the statement this afternoon.  The statement does little to clear up the circumstances surrounding Malcolm’s d***h, but the family is thankful to those who’ve supported Malcolm and his relatives over the years.   On last reports, Malcolm died in Mexico.  Some are saying that his d***h occurred during a robbery, but after Malcolm’s statements about his trip to Iran, some speculate something more sinister.

The Your Black World team sends our condolences to the Shabazz family and we wish Malcolm Shabazz peace in the afterlife.  The statement is below, and an article on the topic by Dr. Boyce Watkins can be read here.

We are deeply saddened by the passing of our beloved El Hajj Malcolm El Shabazz. To all who knew him, he offered kindness, encouragement and hope for a better tomorrow. Although his bright light and boundless potential are gone from this life, we are grateful that he now rests in peace in the arms of his grandparents and the safety of God. We will miss him.

With grateful hearts, we send sincerest appreciation to our supporters around the world for your tremendous outpouring of love and respect during our time of grief.

Sorrowfully,

The Shabazz Family

43 Responses to Shabazz Family Issues Official Statement on the d***h of Malcolm X’s Grandson

1. VESTE MILAN AC Reply

August 16, 2013 at 11:28 pm

That is really attention-grabbing, You are an overly skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for searching for more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

2. Bonny Reply

May 14, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Cointelpro

3. Manteka Reply

May 13, 2013 at 7:08 pm

For all those that disrespect my brothers life, you don’t know s**t. He was a great friend, a loving father, conscious individual, and many other good things. He was genuine and opened up to those who he held dear. All you lames want to talk about is his troubled past. So which of you idiots has lived a perfect life? Go hide behind your keyboards.

4. Kay27 Reply

May 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm

5. Truthbeliever Reply

May 13, 2013 at 9:50 am

Sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Launch, attackers!

6. kim Reply

May 12, 2013 at 7:20 pm

The story sounds pretty shady to me. Its such a tragedy for his young life to be extinguished so brutally. Its seems like this family and Dr. Kings family has endured so much sadness in life. I bate to hear all of this bad news. RIP Malcolm Jr. with our Lord and handsome grandparents.

7. AJIKE Reply

May 12, 2013 at 2:10 pm

RIP LITTLE MALCOLM SHABAZZ. IT SEEMS PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO THE SHABAZZ FAMILY IS. MALCOLM SHABAZZ’S MOTHER WAS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT AND WATCHED HER FATHER BE ASSASSINATED. TO THIS DAY WE CANNOT EVER IMAGINE THE EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL RAMIFICATION IT BROUGHT UPON HER AND THE FAMILY, SEEING HER DRINK TAKE DRUGS THAT IS ALL AN INDICATION OF HER TRYING TO RELIEVE THAT PAIN THAT JUST WON’T GO AWAY, WE WHO ARE EX-SLAVES MOST OF US ARE IN PAIN EMOTIONALLY OR PSYCHOLOGICALLY EVERYDAY, WE HAVE FOUND WAYS TO MASKS THEM USING VARIOUS AGENTS, WE SMOKE, USE DRUGS, DRINK, RUN AROUND WITH VARIOUS MEN/WOMEN,AND OTHER STRANGE BEHAVIOR THAT MOST DON’T QUESTION. IF THE MOTHER IS UNSTABLE, HOW CAN THE CHILD BE STABLE. THE YOUNG MAN NEVER KNEW HIS FATHER, THE MOTHER TOLD HIM HER FATHER MALCOLM X WAS HIS FATHER WHOM HE DIDN’T KNOW HIS GRANDFATHER EITHER. THE YOUNG MAN ALWAYS WANTED TO BE LOVED, HE WAS SHIFTED AROUND FROM ONE HOUSE TO THE NEXT, WHEN HE ENDED UP WITH DR. SHABAZZ WHO WAS A VERY DISCIPLINED WOMAN, IT WAS FELT THAT GRANDMA COULD BE THE MAGIC CURE FOR LITTLE MALCOLM,DUE TO GRANDMA’S DISCPLINE AND ALWAYS ON PURPOSE LITTLE MALCOLM WANTED TO GO BACK HOME TO BE WITH HIS MOTHER, HE DIDN’T WANT TO HARM HIS GRANDMOTHER, HE ONLY WANTED TO SCARE HER, DIDN’T THINK SHE WOULD COME THROUGH THE HOUSE LOOKING FOR HIM BUT WOULD GO OUT THE WINDOW, THIS IS THE MIND OF A LITTLE DEVIOUS CHILD, IF ALL SAID IS TRUE THAT HE SET THE FIRE, IF ONE GOES BACK TO THAT STORY PERHAPS IT WAS A SET-UP FOR WHAT AND HOW HIS DEMISE WOULD GO DOWN. REMEMBER HE WAS THE HEIR APPARENT TO MALCOLM X’S LEGACY. MALCOLM WAS REDEEMING HIMSELF AND PUTTING HIS LIFE TOGETHER, HE WAS SPEAKING TO YOUTH ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO STOP THE VIOLENCE, HE WAS A STUDENT AT JOHN JAY COLLEGE, HE WAS WRITING TWO OF HIS MEMOIRS, THE FATHER OF 2 DAUGHTERS NOW WITHOUT A DAD. THE FBI HAD BEEN HARASSING HIM SIN HIS TRIP TO IRAN WHEN ONE CONNECTS THE DOTS THIS MURDER SEEMS ALL SO SINISTER, ONE OF MALCOLMS’LAST WRITINGS ABOUT THIS HARASSMENT ALMOST SAYS HOW HIS DEMISE WILL GO DOWN. I BELIEVE THE HATERS AND THOSE WHO DON’T KNOW OR UNDERSTAND THEIR OWN HISTORIES SHOULD GET TO A LIBRARY, A BOOKSTORE, TURN OFF YOUR TV AND START TO READ, READ AND READ. DR. JOHN HENDRIK CLARKE WHO WAS ONE OF MY PROFESSORS IS GONE, DR. BEN IS OLD AND SICK, THESE WERE SOME OF MY INSTRUCTORS WHO TAUGHT ME BETTER THAN SOME OF THE COMMENTS I SEE PEOPLE MAKING IN THE NEGATIVE ABOUT A SUBJECT THEY HAVE LITTLE IF ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT. GO STUDY YOUR HISTORY BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS THAT ARE NEGATIVE ABOUT YOUR HISTORY. REST IN PEACE LITTLE MALCOLM SHABAZZ

• Regina Reply

May 13, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Don’t forget Dr. Amos Wilson.

8. Cierria McCoy Reply

May 12, 2013 at 1:08 pm

REST IN PEACE

9. m williams Reply

May 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I am sad at the d***h of this young man. I,however, am asking , is this the same grandson that caused his grandmother’s d***h?

10. Jo Reply

May 12, 2013 at 1:20 am

May Allah protect the family and reveal the truth about what happened. I met this young brother and will never forget that smile. He started a good work and it should not be in vain. Please all our warriors who are out there, pay attention to who is in your circle. THis whole thing makes NO SENSE at all but those who have ears have heard and eyes have seen. We know the truth even if it is being covered up. Allah is the a revealer and knows best.

11. Dr. Johnny Duncan Reply

May 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm

We, as a people, must learn to honor our heroes and heroines as much in life and in d***h!

• Tracey Duvall Reply

May 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

My heart goes out to the Shabazz family. There has been so much tragedy in this family. God bless this family now this baby can rest peacefully in his grandparents arms.

12. Quleaf Reply

May 11, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I searched 8 newspapers for Mexico City and he was not mentioned in any of them.

13. Quleaf Reply

May 11, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Here we go with conspiracy theories. My sympathies go out the the family. However, wasn’t this young man Schizophrenic and his mother had drinking problems. He said he moved from place to place; by the time he arrived with Betty Shabazz he was fed up of being sent away. He had anger issues and was probably bi-polar. If nothing else this should cause black families to begin to have their children diagnosed earlier than 12 years old when they suspected mental illness. Which is when he murdered his grandmother Betty. The responsibility falls on the parents not on the white mans system and all this nonsense. Take responsibility and be accountable for mental illness in your family; meaning boyfriends, husband, sons, daughters, cousins and any family members that suffer from mental illnesses! And remember violence begets violence! He is another young black man that has died. It doesn’t matter about the circumstances and this young man was no even close to being the mimic of his grandfather. Not in the least.

• makheru bradley Reply

May 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm

It doesn’t matter about the circumstances and this young man was no even close to being the mimic of his grandfather.– Qulef

Enough of this bootleg psychology.

The circumstances of every human being’s d***h matters. Secondly you can’t possibly determine the potential Bro. Shabazz possessed. Just the same as no one could have predicted that Detorit Red would become Malcolm X.

• Embassy Reply

May 12, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Sweerheart, Malcolm was my friend and he wasn’t a schizo or bi-polar. I have exhausted myself by going from website to website cursing people out, but I feel like people are spitting on his grave which hasnt even been dug. Malcolm was very intelligent and a great speaker. He was sorry for his grandmothers d***h, he even expressed that. His intent was to burn the house down, she walked into the fire to save him. There was an exit way but she didnt leave cause she thought he was trapped. He was 12! He didnt know any better and ofcourse he didnt think about the what ifs! He lit the hallway on fire. The robbery he did was over a decade ago. Come on, give my Malcolm a break! That was the last v*****t crime he committed. He was a modest person, a modest dresser, a motivational speaker, and obviously a good friend for traveling all the way to Mexico for a punk a*s named Suarez who is unharmed while Malcolm got beaten to d***h. And if that story is fake, I believe the FBI killed him, like they did his grandad. I’LL MISS YOU MALCOLM! And I will continue to defend you cause people read but never look into the facts. I’ll never forget you.

• Kay27 Reply

May 13, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I agree completely n I also knew Malcolm and put it like this in the week before this tragedy he opened my eyes n the media will always state negativity but those who knew him as I did know he was set up no conspiracy people but facts so continue to be blinded by government as they want to deceive and god knows the truth I will always honor ur name Malcolm so dear brother rest in peace finally it saddens me that even in d***h people try to slander ur name god bless ur soul

14. ICDATRUTH Reply

May 11, 2013 at 5:47 pm

What I never understood is what has he done except being the grandson of a man that he never met? There are young black men that are not as fortunate to have such a pedigree that have v*****t deaths everyday. Are we mourning the d***h of an influential man’s grandson or are we mourning the d***h of another blackman?

• Embassy Reply

May 12, 2013 at 8:07 pm

He has done alot and was attempting to do more. Google and youtube him. He has a family, friends, and he’s a father. He’s a human, that’s why we mourn him. You go make a checklist of the reasons why you should mourn somebody.

• Manteka Reply

May 13, 2013 at 7:13 pm

He was my brother and komrade. These people are way to disrespectful but you know the truth. My boy didn’t deserve that. I’m h**t behind this s**t. I named him my daughters godfather. f**k what these faggots say

15. Mark Dunston Reply

May 11, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I wish there was more that I could do besides share the pain you feel.

16. Rev Edward Pinkney Reply

May 11, 2013 at 2:46 pm

On learning of the d***h of Malcolm & Betty’s grandson:I am sending my deepest and most heartfelt Sympathy to the family:

How sweet the sound in times of grief the song of grace can be. for God has promised good to us in love’s eternity…..

and though our hearts cry out for those whose days on earth are done,

we’ll meet where God’s eternal praise has just begun.

Rev Edward & Dorothy Pinkney
    Benton Harbor, Michigan

17. makheru bradley Reply

May 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm

As I expected there was a connection to Miguel Suarez, the deported labor leader, with whom Bro. Shabazz was working. Was he specifically targeted?

[The tragic news regarding the killing of Malcolm Shabazz in Mexico spread rapidly. Speculation of how he was murdered ranged from gunfire to being thrown from a rooftop. A source said late last night (May 9) that Shabazz was allegedly beaten in a robbery attempt and died while en route to a Mexico City hospital for treatment.

Talking Points Memo (TPM) followed up on the quickly developing story after family friend Terrie Williams posted to her Facebook page the news of Shabazz's d***h. Juan Ruiz, a member of the California-based labor organization RUMEC, said Shabazz was in Mexico City to meet with a RUMEC leader, Miguel Suarez. “He's a supporter of our organization” said Ruiz, an associate of Shabazz. “He went to Mexico to meet with Miguel.”

Suarez, was deported from the United States in April. State Department officials have been mum about the details of Shabazz's d***h, electing to sidestep all inquiries of the murder.

We are aware of the d***h of a U.S. citizen in Mexico City. We have been in contact with family members, and at their request we have no further comment at this time,” said a State Department spokesperson in response to TPM.

Ruiz, who lives in the United States, says Shabazz, the grandson of slain civil rights leader Malcolm X, was beaten in a robbery and apparently received word of the still unconfirmed details via Suarez.

“He was murdered. He was in Mexico City and I believe they attempted to rob him and he didn't allow it, so they b**t him to d***h and he died on his way to the hospital,” said Ruiz. “This is all I can confirm, everything else is under investigation for the meantime.” This story is still developing.]
    - HipHop Wired

The RUMEC website notes:

[Inspired by Malcolm X, who organized the Black community through Muslim Mosque Inc. and The Organization of Afro-American Unity, RUMEC is establishing organization through construction inspired by our Muslim affiliates. We hold the belief of Malcolm X that you “leave your religion at the door” in a time of gathering for a greater cause. This is to say, that we are all-inclusive in our movement, regardless of any religious affiliation. We have great respect for the discipline and organization behind a religion, however.

RUMEC aspires to unify our people in the same manner that religion does, but without a specific religious affinity. Even though we are building a mosque in the city of Oakland with the grandson of Malcolm X, Malcom Shabazz, our religious stand is independent. No matter what religion you may advocate, as long as it is oriented to the benefit of the people, then we are in favor of it. In addition, our plans for a mosque will incorporate education for our children, a shelter for battered women and an epicenter for justice advocacy, which will be objective in all manners possible.]–SF Bayview

• Quleaf Reply

May 11, 2013 at 7:38 pm

The school should include educating parents and children about mental health issues that affect black people and can h**t us in the long run. It’s an untapped subject that we need to stop running away from.

18. Lateef Reply

May 11, 2013 at 11:48 am

I strongly believe something was done to this young man and I believe it will NEVER come out! But We know through all the evils done to Our forefathers and mothers its not heard to fathom foul play. We have to stay in prayer and awaken the minds of Our youth to the harshness of our reality in this country that although we are “so called” free we are still enslaved and still dealt a dirty underhanded cards of the deck of the ancestors of the former slave owners. It proves evident that We will always be frowned upon and be mistreated look how they treat Our President who is also one of them and was raised by a white parent and grandparents. Just the slightest bit of African American b***d resonates hatred and repulsive treatment no matter how high we ascend in their system. My people be on guard no matter how far it appears we’ve come there’s so much further to go! Don’t be appeased by a black Presidency that was a great moment and will hold its place in history also remember they did all they could do and still are doing all they can do to insult and injure the great work that President Obama was trying to do —> the conspiracy of all this is no theory it’s a fact! And for those quick to say I’m racist – No I’m not racist I’M FACE THIS! I face the truth of these things – I’m not empowered enough to be racists nor am I inclined to be! I love everyone and I dream the dream that Dr Martin Luther King had I unfortunately am embedded in the reality that the dream is far off and just a tad to beautiful for the ugly evil doers that lurk in the midst doing the devils work to keep the dream in slumber never allowing it to awaken and dawn a new day for Us ALL! Lord rest Our baby brothers soul in eternal peace and comfort and grant family comfort and peace and embrace our community as we hope for an answer and pray for an end to such wickedness on whatever part was played in young Malcolm’s untimely d***h . . . In Jesus name I pray, Amen

19. doc362 Reply

May 11, 2013 at 11:02 am

1st 35 min of this blogcast on Young Malcolm Shabazz. You will be enlightened..Trust

20. blacjk jones Reply

May 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

Peace and Comfort to the Shabazz Family….May your Grandson Rest in Peace.

21. Kelly Anderson Reply

May 11, 2013 at 10:35 am

Rest in peace in the hands of GOD!

22. Forrest W Offford Sr Reply

May 11, 2013 at 10:01 am

Peace Until You

23. Read and think!!!!! Reply

May 11, 2013 at 9:54 am

May peace be upon to the entire family during this time and after. Allah(G-d) is great all the time and he is the beneficial and merciful. Let US and let G-d lead.

24. David E. Hogan, Jr. Reply

May 11, 2013 at 8:58 am

May the Creator welcome you into his loving arms, Brother Malcolm Shabazz. To his family whom he leaves behind, my family and I pray that the Creator brings you comfort in your time of solace. I am deeply saddened by Brother Malcolm’s untimely departure from this life. May this young warrior rest in eternal peace, as he is no longer being persecuted in this world.
    Namaste.

25. Freddie Hines Reply

May 11, 2013 at 3:03 am

;the fight fo peace an love never stops peace my brother

26. Regina Reply

May 11, 2013 at 2:29 am

Rest in peace brave warrior.

27. Harold Knight Reply

May 11, 2013 at 12:53 am

Rest in Peace Soldier.

28. Ish Muhammad Reply

May 11, 2013 at 12:47 am

Peace be upon you Beloved may Allah grant his protection to us all Satan is on his Job! Let us do what is required to make it out of the crossfire of our open Enemies!

29. luqman Abdul-Aziz Reply

May 11, 2013 at 12:25 am

May Allah comfort you during these times. We know the govt has kept all fighters for freedom and their children and grandchildren under surveillance because they know that the fruit dont fall too far from the tree. I guess they put Assata on the terror list to use drones to murder her in the near future. Dont let Obama being black fool you; he works for them and talks sh-t but the result will be the same. Its time to step up the struggle before they take all our leaders and revolutionaries out. Wa alaikum As-Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh.

30. Peter D. Slaughter Reply

May 11, 2013 at 12:16 am

Peace the family from a brother who remembers the real Liberation legacy agenda of Malcolm X.

31. Brian Saide Reply

May 10, 2013 at 11:51 pm

My deepest and most heartfelt condolences I send out to Ms. Ilyasah and Ms. Malaak Shabazz whom I had the honor to meet at the Shabbaz Center in February 2007. I remember Malcolm also being there at that beautiful remembrance of your Father El Hajj Malik El Shabazz, Brother Malcolm, also known as Malcolm X. May the Grace of the Lord give extra comfort to you and all members of the Shabazz family now and forevermore …

32. Nefera Reply

May 10, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Shabazz forever.

33. Mustafa Al-Kanemi Reply

May 10, 2013 at 9:28 pm

To Allah we come from to Allah we return. My deepest and sincerest condolences to the Shabazz family.

34. Curtis Kojo Reply

May 10, 2013 at 9:25 pm

On learning of the d***h of Malcolm X & Betty’s grandson, I recalled the first time I met her, which was in Ghana during her first trip to Africa, I remember the exuberating look on her face. Hopefully her grandson finds, Rest In Peace.

35. Donna Arrington Reply

May 10, 2013 at 8:53 pm

To the Shabazz Family, I am sending my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy to you girls.

Donna and Matthew Arrington